'Big' John McCarthy goes into great detail regarding the Mousasi/Weidman controversy

“So when they bring their ringside physician in and the physician talks to Chris, he says ‘What month is it?’ And Chris says ‘February.’ Now, does he do it on purpose, or does he do it because he really doesn’t know? We can’t say, but right away, when they came back and say, ‘Hey, that’s good,’ he said, ‘Hey, it’s April 8.’ He knew the date right away. All right, he’s trying to play a game with it a little bit, we’ll say. But he played himself into a loss. And that’s what other fighters need to look at too. ”

Interesting first hand report: Not only did Chris say it's February but as soon as he realized he would lose he suddenly knew it's April 8.

So it's official, Chris is a dirty cheater. Glad it bit him in the ass.

Last edited:
yeah man, I don't get why people lay in those microwave beds.

The sun is right there in the sky most of the time (unless you're in Alaska)

Interesting first hand report: Not only did Chris say it's February but as soon as he realized he would lose he suddenly knew it's April 8?

So it's official, Chris is a dirty cheater. Glad it bit him in the ass.

but then he also failed at least one other test. something to do with stepping the wrong way. so who knows. maybe he was dizzy enough to answer wrong, but not so dizzy that he knew he fucked up.

BJM's point that his corner didn't do him any favors (when they told him to stay down) was, i think, very pertinent. and that other fighters (and everyone else) can learn a lot of things from all this.

Yeah the whole reason they added the new rule was to get fighters to stop doing what Chris did. He's just stuck in the old rules mentality, and I do think he was hurt too.

After this fight I think fighters will quit playing that game
I dunno. Many are dumb. Guys get caught doing PED's and weed, and shortly after, more get caught doing the same thing. Either they don't pay attention or they think they're so special and won't get caught.

This is old news.
Everyone that paid attention knows that Weidman was trying to get Moose DQd on purpose.
End of story.

At the time it looked a lot like Chris was trying to milk it. So, in the end, he fucked it up for himself.

And sorry. No rematch now.
Win some and maybe later they can fight again. That ship has sailed for now.

And a douche.

Real issue here is get rid of the grounded fighter thing.

Maybe if you'd watch the video instead of just mindlessly posting, then you would actually know that the grounded fighter thing IS RESOLVED.

BOTH palms or BOTH fists need to be planted on the ground with pressure to be considered grounded.

Maybe if you'd watch the video instead of just mindlessly posting, then you would actually know that the grounded fighter thing IS RESOLVED.

BOTH palms or BOTH fists need to be planted on the ground with pressure to be considered grounded.

Watched it yesterday. It needs to go away altogether.

Thanks tips

This situation has been cleared up but it's funny how some ppl still are trying to demonstrate outrage for weidman. This was a landmark case of justice imo as well as the rules being upheld. A win win for fight fans.

One fact that was missed in all of this is if Chris worked on his Yoga skills he'd have the flexibility to put his entire palms on the mat and those knees would have been illegal for sure.
<42>

This situation has been cleared up but it's funny how some ppl still are trying to demonstrate outrage for weidman. This was a landmark case of justice imo as well as the rules being upheld. A win win for fight fans.

If what BJM says is true, he tried to milk the system, then back tracked when he found it the fight would be over.
Not a great look for him

I'm upset that the fight was trashed by a referee mistake. Dan should not have stopped the fight.

I was rooting for Moose but this was nonsense. I don't really understand the people who are making fun of Weidman fans here, all that matters is the referee mistake. Moose would probably have ended the fight pretty quickly following those strikes but now we'll never know.

The whole point was missed. There are NO instant replays in the UFC. Could you imagine the can of worms that is opened now that they have done so? Would big John like to be second guessed on every call he's made with instant replay? I think not. Miragliotta was the ref, not big John. You absolutely have to stand by the call that's made by the ref that's in the cage, right, wrong or indifferent. Once again, there is NO instant replay.
Polling is allowed though, which is when you can ask the outside ref for assistance.

Back