Big fights with polemic decisions. Which ones do you agree or disagree with?

Explain. How it is a draw? 10-10 rounds are stupid, someone was better, it can be by a punch but someone has to be ahead when you take all criterias in consideration. Either Cruz won or TJ won, since there were no 10-8 rounds. It only depends to who you scored the first round, the most competitive one. I did for Cruz, so he won r1/r2/r3, 48-47.

I don't believe that 10-10 rounds are stupid.
This scoring system was adopted from boxing, but mma is more complex (no, I hadn't take the idea from Rogan's podcast with Woodley) than boxing. Punches, kicks, takedowns, clinches, ground...

Please explain how did you score those rounds? Based on what? You do the math and that's it? There are many variables and the system is not good at all.

And close fights like TJ vs Cruz should be considered draws, imo.
Or Lawler vs Condit. fans believe Condit won, judged believed Lawler won, but it should have been a draw.

Diaz Conor really isn't difficult to score in the slightest. If you don't think Conor won 1, 2 and 4 then there's really no point in arguing.

One you missed off which caused great contraversy is Bisping vs Anderson. This again isn't even difficult to score, Bisping won 1, 2 and 4 easily.

I think juiced hendricks won both lawler fights and condit also beat lawler. Rest I can agree.

The ones I have strong opions on are
Shogun should have gotten the nod over machida. It is like the judges in that fight didn't score kicks.
Jones beat Gus and I think the arguments for Gus are based on the bias that he was not destroyed.
I had Penn beating Edgar in the first fight.
Diaz Conor 2 I scored a draw.

They didn’t score kicks because he was whiffling at air the entire time.

You call a strike a homerun when the batter swings really really hard but misses the ball?

Cmon man. You’re giving all mma fans a bad name here.

And you think penn beat Frankie in the first fight?

Yikes.

You are new at this.

All of Bisping victories in GB.

Shogun vs Machida I was bullshit.

Canner vs Dias ii: if the guy runs more than once, is a 10-8. Also, McCarthy should have deducted a point, at least once. It is in the rules.

Edgar vs Henderson. If I recall correctly, Edgar won both.

Tito vs Forrest I. Tito won the first, but was soundly beaten in the 2nd and 3rd. Even Tito was surprised that he won!

Lawlor - Condit.....

I scored it for Condit....

Just like TJ vs Dom.....I felt like the guy backing up the whole fight has to outwork his opponent and Lawler didnt....
I don't have any idea how you could give Lawler more than 2 rounds. Condit was the aggressor was landing more and was more active most of the night.

He was off balance in the 2nd and Lawler knocked him down so giving him that round was fine (I did) and Lawler won the 5th but no way was either round a 10-8. only round that could have been 10-8 was the 4th for Condit. Lawler did nothing but get hit in that round.

most of these fights were close. The Machida vs Shogun fight was the biggest robbery of them all i think. But it was a close fight.

Where is Bisping vs Matt Hamil ? Any Leonard Garcia fight?
the leonard garcia ones were the worst ever. and i was actually a fan until he started trying to defend with a straight face those atrocious decisions that EVERYONE agreed were bullshit.

Polemic is not a synonym for controversial, bud.

Machida vs Shogun 1 = Shogun 48-47 or 49-46, everything else is wrong

Jones vs Gustafsson = 48-47 for either guy, I've gone back and forth on it and today I have it 48-47 Jones

Penn vs Edgar 1 = 48-47 for either guy I think but I need to rewatch

Cruz vs Dillashaw = 48-47 for either guy is ok, I had it 48-47 Dillashaw

Edgar vs Henderson 2 = Straight up robbery, Edgar clearly won rounds 2, 4, and 5 while round 3 was very even and Henderson won round 1. 49-46 or 48-47 Edgar. The first fight was 48-47 Henderson.

Henderson vs Bisping 2 = 48-47 Henderson

Diaz vs McGregor 2 = The scorecards were fine. I scored it a draw, I gave Diaz a 10-8 (round 3 I think)

This scoring system was adopted from boxing, but mma is more complex (no, I hadn't take the idea from Rogan's podcast with Woodley) than boxing. Punches, kicks, takedowns, clinches, ground...

Please explain how did you score those rounds? Based on what? You do the math and that's it? There are many variables and the system is not good at all.

Or Lawler vs Condit. fans believe Condit won, judged believed Lawler won, but it should have been a draw.
Fights are scored by rounds. I watched it twice but many months ago the last time, and i remember that i gave Cruz every round until 4 and 5º, so it's 48-47. I scored the rounds based on the judging criterias lol effective striking, grappling, takedowns, octagon control, offensiveness. There are many variables and i think people are able to do deal with that and score a round for someone, no round is 100% equal. Someone did better, in what aspect it depends. No fight without points deduction or 10-8 rounds should be a draw imo.

It has nothing to do with scoring.TJ still landed the hardest shots,did more damage and pushed the pace in that fight.Judging criteria scores these.
Yeah he did more damage in round 4 and round 5 congrats on wining those 2 rounds.

Condit vs Lawler should be a draw? are you kidding? Condit more than doubled Lawler's total strikes.

Yeah he did more damage in round 4 and round 5 congrats on wining those 2 rounds.
He did more damage in round 1 as well.You can also argue he did more damage in round 2 but Cruz took him down twice at the end of the round just to win the round.

He did more damage in round 1 as well.You can also argue he did more damage in round 2 but Cruz took him down twice at the end of the round just to win the round.
He did nothing in round 2 but get take down and eat shots. I'll watch the fight for the fucking 6h time tomorrow to remind myself everything that happened in the first 3 rounds.

He did nothing in round 2 but get take down and eat shots. I'll watch the fight for the fucking 6h time tomorrow to remind myself everything that happened in the first 3 rounds.
Yep.You better mute the commentary this time since Rogan was sucking Dom's nuts all night long.

Rogan didn't even acknowledge the best punch TJ landed in round 1 while he did Cruz'

In Round 2 TJ was the one who landing the harder shots .Dom ate a clean head kick in this round.He took TJ down twice in and i did count the takedowns but they count for very little as he did nothing with them.Cruz capitalized on TJ's aggression and hit a few point scoring takedowns but they led to nothing. If Johny Hendricks had done this, you'd all be singing a different tune.

So sad judges give so much important to takedown without take in consideration what happen after, a takedown who score a 1 or some second of control need to mean vert little in a fight.

Same the control, see the Alvarez/Pettis, Alvarez controlled so much time pettis doing 0 with this control, if a fighter control and simply wait dont need to score point.

This is a fight, the fighter much ko the opponent, to do so, do damage.Takedown and control in the clinch/cageside need to be to do damage, if not, they must not be important for score.

I forgot all about that one, but i do remember thinking that kampmann should have had that win.
Kampmann beat the tar out of Diego, and Diego got some TD's and had some top position.

I agree with all but wouldn’t protest decisions the other way with the exception of penn/Edgar 1.

Back