Big D: Lomachenko vs Rigo in NYC December 9 on ESPN

I'm familiar with the promoter tricks. This is basically the same as announcing that this fight won't happen IMO.

At this point I'd much rather see Garcia-Lomachenko but that isn't going to happen by December. A fight of that magnitude isn't put together so quickly. It could have by the end of the year if Loma moved up to Lightweight and Flanagan was available. If he beat Flanagan then I could see it at the end of the year or early next since it'd be a unification fight. Both sides want to build the fight up a bit and would look to make it a PPV fight. That's what Klimas wants and Mikey agreed when they met in person weeks back. The problem is neither is a PPV fighter. Mikey could be down the line but Loma may never be a PPV attraction. Garcia would be the A side in this fight and they'd want it on Showtime.

Rigo might be the first person to really show us how Loma performs when at a decisive speed disadvantage
He's been in with guys quicker than him at the amateur level, it still didn't make any difference. Loma can cope with being slower no problems. Russell was faster than him but it didn't do anything for him.

Oh wait. Read it again guys. "Arum says he has deal for opponent."
Translation- Arum is going to offer Rigondeaux 150 dollars to fight lomachenko then claim everyone is ducking him when he fights another c level opponent.
<23>

What?

rigo has beat guys bigger than lomachenko, marroquin and nonito and some tall japan fighter they are all taller and weighed more on fight night than loma.

But this weight is too high, lomachenko need to be fair and meet rigo at catchweight of 121 rigo is too small.

rigo has beat guys bigger than lomachenko, marroquin and nonito and some tall japan fighter they are all taller and weighed more on fight night than loma.

But this weight is too high, lomachenko need to be fair and meet rigo at catchweight of 121 rigo is too small.
Those two sentences seem somewhat contradictory to me.

These guys were telling me its about 100k.
Ahhh ok. Than yes you are correct. That would be lowballing him.

The issue is Rigo really is use to only 20k more than that....

Really ESPN should promote the shit out of it, because it truly is two of the best going at it. So the purses just in general should be bigger for both

Ahhh ok. Than yes you are correct. That would be lowballing him.

The issue is Rigo really is use to only 20k more than that....

Really ESPN should promote the shit out of it, because it truly is two of the best going at it. So the purses just in general should be bigger for both
Actually, I'm wrong. I misread the original post I was quoting.

Actually, I'm wrong. I misread the original post I was quoting.
100k less? that's a bid different. Is it referring to 100k less than what Lomo is getting or just 100k less than what hes use to?

the former sounds right, because Rigo is only used to 120k.

So really we could be talking about two pretty fair purses, just Rigo's is 100k less.

Which in that case I agree with. There would be no low balling. Lomo is gonna be bringing the eyes more the Rigo I think

100k less? that's a bid different. Is it referring to 100k less than what Lomo is getting or just 100k less than what hes use to?

the former sounds right, because Rigo is only used to 120k.

So really we could be talking about two pretty fair purses, just Rigo's is 100k less.

Which in that case I agree with. Lomo is gonna be bringing the eyes more the Rigo I think
eh, maybe. I think people are sort of tired of showcase fights. That shit is ok for a while but eventually fans want a challenge.

eh, maybe. I think people are sort of tired of showcase fights. That shit is ok for a while but eventually fans want a challenge.
You aren't going to attract a lot of fans to watch a Cuban people call boring against a Ukrainian. I would be ecstatic if they got a deal done

Rigo needs to take this fight to put his name out there...even if it stands to make less than loma.

As of right now no one really knows who rigo is...let alone cares to see him fight...

Rigo must do the winky wright approach....beat anyone and everyone until you're impossible to ignore.

The thing is....doesn't rigo only make like 120k a fight?

So what is lowballing him? Less than that? Is that what they are trying to do?

doesnt matter what he made before. connor is making far more fighting floyd than he ever did in the ufc because after mayweatherer his brand and worth will probably be ruined.

rigos brand and worth post loma could be ruined as well.

You aren't going to attract a lot of fans to watch a Cuban people call boring against a Ukrainian. I would be ecstatic if they got a deal done

If you can get both Top Rank and Roc Nation working together I think there would be more than enough money coming in to get a deal done here if both of those promotions concentrate on what their good at. Top Rank has always been very good at negotiating television rights fees and they can help ESPN with the actual promotion of the fight. Roc Nation sucks shit when it comes to promoting to the public, but they are very good packagers when it comes to bringing in corporate sponsorship to an event. If both concentrate on what they're good at I think the money will be there for the two fighters.

If Loma could make 122 without too much of an issue then he probably would've started his pro career there, don't you think? He was fighting in the WSB at 135 pounds against much larger guys and in the World Championships and Olympics as a Lightweight (132 but with regular & same day weigh-ins). The Japanese fighter you're thinking of is Amagasa. Rigo once again called out Loma and has been for months on Twitter through his Twitter account's handler. He said he would fight him at 130. When you call a bigger guy out and state you'll fight them at a certain weight then you've now committed yourself to doing that by following through with your words. From a fan's perspective they should meet in the middle and fight at 126 with a rehydration clause for Loma or no more than 127.5/128 with a rehydration clause. From a business perspective Top Rank will make sure it's at 130 because Rigo already said he'd be willing to go up to 130 for their fight. They're not going to make a concession to the B side that's a champion two divisions lower.

Back