Big D: Danny Garcia vs Berto rumored to be on Showtime 9/24

Cherry Garcia back at it again I see. Used to be a fan of this guy but at this point it's hard to see how anybody could like him

Probably $1.5m. It's about as good a fight as Guerrero.
So he was going to make at least double the money. Maybe even a million more than double by a lot of accounts.
Its clear that "not enough money for this fight" translates into "you're not paying me enough to lose because I know im going to."
We should just count those as losses on the records at this point ...lol

Another mediocre opponent for Garcia but at least it will be a fun fight regardless of how utterly meaningless it is. As a non-ppv I will be happy to watch it but it does absolutely nothing for Garcia yet again. Can't recall another fighter with substantial skills and some great wins who decided to coast for the rest of his career before he even hit his prime.

So he was going to make at least double the money. Maybe even a million more than double by a lot of accounts.
Its clear that "not enough money for this fight" translates into "you're not paying me enough to lose because I know im going to."

Pretty much.

We should just count those as losses on the records at this point ...lol

That I don't agree with. A resume is a resume. Danny isn't taking fights that make his better. Isn't that enough?

Pretty much.

That I don't agree with. A resume is a resume. Danny isn't taking fights that make his better. Isn't that enough?
maybe so. More of a joke than anything. But....
Not when you go around saying you will fight and beat anyone. Or you empower your daddy to do the same. Danny and his dad have talked a lot and not stood by their talk of being the best.

It's getting to the point where it's hard to say that Garcia is doing anything but trying to see how long he can get away with nothing fights for $1 million +. Good for him, I guess, but his reputation as a fighter should suffer accordingly.

maybe so. More of a joke than anything. But....
Not when you go around saying you will fight and beat anyone. Or you empower your daddy to do the same. Danny and his dad have talked a lot and not stood by their talk of being the best.

Yeah I think the criticism is fair. I defended Garcia for a while when people were giving him shit prematurely, but after a while I'm starting to lose interest. He can get it back by making a relevant fight, but he hasn't had one in a while. Hell, him winning the WBC belt was a barely relevant fight, considering he was in against a guy who had no business fighting for a title.

Fun, but meaningless and 0 people will pick Berto unless they are trolling (I'm looking at you @DeJulez)

It should be a tune up between better fights, but it's following a tune up that followed a tune up.
I think I like Berto in this fight

Back