Big Country, Pride HW Goat!

BLIND

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I just noticed that Roy has a chance to fight Fedor soon. If he does and wins then he'll have wins over all 3 Pride HW greats. Finished Cro Cop and Big Big. C Mon fedor, don't let this happen brother!!

Edit: Big Nog* fuck me lol I kinda like the original typo though so I'm leaving it you bastards

Last edited:
I just noticed that Roy has a chance to fight Fedor soon. If he does and wins then he'll have wins over all 3 Pride HE greats. Finished Cro Cop and Big Big. C Mon fedor, don't let this happen brother!!
Wins over Big Big, Cro Cro and Fed Fed?!
Top dog fo sho!

You think you're so smart don't you?!
Yup. <seedat>

But yeah, Roy has an impressive collection of wins. Too bad he has an unimpressive collection of losses as well... They guy's good no doubt, has great jitz for a HW and an iron chin (ate kicks from Cro Cro like it was breakfast) but never advanced to contender status. Calling him GOAT is a stretch... maybe "GOAT fat fighter". :D Still a cool guy and entertaining to watch.

Roy would have been a nightmare matchup for the heavyweights in pride at the time. As good or better striking than anyone in the division, devastating power, arguably the best ground game and definitely the best wrestling. He took Barnett down at will in their match. Plus most all pride heavyweights has suspect has tanks and lacked complete games and fundamental striking. Solid fundamental strikers are what give Roy nightmares.

Roy would have been a nightmare matchup for the heavyweights in pride at the time. As good or better striking than anyone in the division, devastating power, arguably the best ground game and definitely the best wrestling. He took Barnett down at will in their match. Plus most all pride heavyweights has suspect has tanks and lacked complete games and fundamental striking. Solid fundamental strikers are what give Roy nightmares.

oh, I don't know about that...not when you consider that at various times Pride featured:

Fedor, Barnett, Big Nog, Mirko, Hunt, Kharitonov, Overeem, Igor, Arona, Rampage, Coleman, Randleman, Werdum and Schilt (for a bit).

many of those guys were also in their prime during those days too.

I doubt 10min. first rounds would have done Roy any favours...ditto for the rampant PED use lol.

No doubt he would have been a fan favourite for his style though, and he might have done well...but I doubt he would have been a top guy, tbh.

Back