Big Brother: Police Commission approves controversial year-long test of drones by LAPD

In the far distance a helicopter skimmed down between the roofs, hovered for an instant like a bluebottle, and darted away again with a curving flight. It was the police patrol, snooping into people's windows.
George Orwell 1984

Los Angeles - run by leftists, for leftists, with leftism.

Just fyi this LA chief of police was elected by the leftist mayor (who is hispanic).

But somehow this is the right wing white establishments fault.
Who said that?

How are they going to be used? If blanket patrol duty then fuck that invasion of privacy the people have a right to be upset.

If it's to keep tabs when pursuing a suspect, or cover ground on a man hunt, or used for some recon on a SWAT operation then I see this being a good tool

I gotta ask, how is this an invasion of privacy? As long as these things are not filming anything you could not see from the street, or ariel laws similar to a helicopter. In one state, animal rights activists were using drones to film abuse at farms from the air. A law was quickly passed that prevents this, but it will lose on the basis of first amendment laws. I would put a distance from airports, and a height req when flying over private property-I don't think these things should be hovering outside a window, but 50-100 feet above property seems reasonable.

Back