Big Bernie Win: DNC to Reduce "Super Delegates" by 60%

Strongly disagree that it's a move in the right direction. Democrats should look at what happened to Republicans and realize that their advantage is not superior voters but superior institutions and earned trust in those institutions.
So what is so good about the super delegate thing? As a Republican i dont understand it.

It's removing a sanity check from the process. That's what Republicans have been doing since Nixon really, though it accelerated more recently. By itself, it's a small step in a bad direction, but if there's some kind of populist revolution, I think the country is seriously fucked given that the other party has already destroyed itself intellectually with that kind of thing.
Super delegates just seem like a way to over rule Democrat voters. Not sure how that is a good thing. Why even have Democrat constituents vote? Just let the super delegates vote in all candidates.

This would be a definite step in the right direction, reducing "super-delegates" from 20% of votes determining the Democratic nominee in 2016 to just 8% in 2020.

This change is proposed by the DNC Unity Reform Commission, which was set up after the 2016 primary election to try "unite the party" (keep Bernie Sanders supporters). The Commission is made up of 21 members: 10 who were appointed by Clinton, 8 appointed by Sanders, and 3 appointed by (DNC chair) Tom Perez. The Commission also recommended requiring all 50 states to allow same-day party affiliation switches, essentially making all Democratic primaries "open."

The DNC Rules and Bylaws committee still has to vote on whether or not to accept the Commission's recommendations.

Sanders said he was "extremely pleased" by the commission's work, adding, "Now it is incumbent on the Democratic Party's Rules and Bylaws committee and the membership of the DNC to enact these critical reforms as soon as possible."

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/sweet-democratic-party-superdelegates-wont-be-so-super-in-2020/

I was a huge Bernie fan until he stepped down and got a lake house.

I was a huge Bernie fan until he stepped down and got a lake house.
Talk about the ultimate baseless smear.

He stayed in the primary until after California, ffs, what else did you want him to do?

He still has one of the lowest net worths by far of ANYBODY who has been in any sort of high profile job as long as he has.

Last edited:
Talk about the ultimate baseless smear.

He stayed in the primary until after California, ffs, what else did you want him to do?

He still has the lowest net worth by far of ANYBODY who has been in any sort of high profile job as long as he has.

Biden's net worth is way less than Bernie's.

In three years Bernie will be asking whether his adult diapers are covered by Medicare.

Back