Biased's Shenanigans

Yesterday: Watched tape on my opponent, did some core workouts and shadow boxed at my house. Got a good sweat and a good stretch.

Today: I have eaten 1 egg, 1 pickle and about a cup of mixed nuts. 3 coffees and a couple glasses of water and I weigh 219.6

Forgot to get a morning weight again. Pfft.

Going to go watch the movie southpaw this evening.

How were the tapes of your opponent, what's his style?

Lmk what you think of Southpaw! I went to see it last night

Not quite a fighting movie as it is a drama. Seriously, most emotional fight movie I've seen. Good acting from Jake though, really believe and relate to the character.

How were the tapes of your opponent, what's his style?

Lmk what you think of Southpaw! I went to see it last night

Not quite a fighting movie as it is a drama. Seriously, most emotional fight movie I've seen. Good acting from Jake though, really believe and relate to the character.

Completely agree. I got watery eyed at least twice and the girl I went with had tears going down her face off and on. I liked it quite a bit but I'll be honest... I was expecting the main character to be a southpaw haha. Jake stuttering and slurring his speech was fantastic, not too much and I bet a lot of people didn't even notice.

Eh my opponent is a lefty, that's something I need to work on against. His boxing doesn't look good though, seems to kind of run away a bit and look for left rear kicks to the body or head and if you fluster him or pressure him too much he looks for a take down. His transitions on the ground look awkward (not very smooth) but he did get a couple of decent sweeps and seems to be able to set up a triangle.

Morning:

218 lbs

Jogged 10 mins slow

4, 5 min rounds on a bag just giving it all I had

Evening:

Light sparred 6 rounds @ 5 mins each, couple guys went southpaw on me to give me looks

Worked on fighting opposite stances, defense and offense

Blocking a body or head kick and stepping in with a right cross

Slipping SP left cross and countering with cross

Staying outside the lead foot

Inside and outside low kicks, also going passed the lead leg and kicking the back leg

Morning:

A bunch of kicking drills and getting my kicking technique fixed and returning in my stance quicker, also technique for doubling up on a kick. Also worked on shifting back into southpaw straight left right hook.

Evening:

Held a bunch of pads for guys fighting this weekend
Hit 3, 5's myself just hands

After practice weight was 215.8

Weight 214 after practice

Feeling lethargic. Light sparred, held pads and hit pads shortly.

Morning weight 213.4

Did some light bag work, got a small sweat. Hot shower and hot bath, have hot water heater turned up.

Evening weight 210.8 to 211.6, scale is being goofy.

Sauna in the morning.
So far not a bad cut, annoyed but not miserable.

Last edited:
Friday: I made weight, 205.4 I think it was.

***Note to self, buy better scale. Kept changing around on me and stressed me out.

Saturday: I won, on to the next one. Edit: 400

Sunday (today): No soreness at all, ate a ton. I weigh 220, lifted weights for about 45 mins. Bro lifts.. Bench, curls, calf raises, abs.

Last edited:
Sparred against a southpaw for 3, 5 min rounds. Really focusing on keeping my lead foot on the outside of theirs, watching the rear body or head kick, and staying away from the left cross while trying to land my right cross.

Held pads for a few rounds. Light sparred with take downs involved. Didn't get taken down once. :cool:

Grappled 3 or 4, 5 min rounds with a guy going to a tournament this weekend. Only thing I caught him in was a banana split lol.

Worked on teeps with the lead leg when opponent steps in. Not used to it and a little tight reaching out. Got it down (technique wise) towards the end and felt good about it.

Then rolling under a left hook then throwing a cross hook.

Hit maybe 2, 5 min rounds of pads

Congrats on the win & your strong consistent work

Held pads for team mates for several rounds.

Drilled rolling under the hook to throwing a cross and hook

Went crazy on 4, 5 min rounds. Got a solid sweat.

Also have another match lined up, kind of depending if I win my next though.

Alot of people hurt, busy or just skipped today. Had to teach a women's kickboxing class, which I don't mind. They are fun.

Then I hit the bag for a couple of rounds, got really bored and remembered Glory was on tonight.

Lifted weights

Bench worked up to a rep of 285, then dropped down to 225 for a set of 5. Just kind of goofing around and wondering if I have gotten much weaker from not lifting that much. Looks like a loss of about 10 lbs on my bench. After this fight if I don't have another one scheduled I'll focus back on lifting heavy stuff.

Also deadlifted, just sets of 3 and then adding weight each set until I stopped at 300.

Ab workouts and then some pullups 4x5

Skipped rope for 5 mins

shadow boxed for 5-10 mins

217.5 at the end of my workout

Last edited:
.5 mile jog

6, 3 minute rounds on different types of bags each round

2, 3 min rounds of going all out on a guy with thai pads or a guy with a focus mit and a suitcase pad, changing targets every 30 seconds

217 on wake

This morning was the first day of school of the program I got into. Kind of sad I am going to be a little busier. Guess I had it too good for too long.

Evening: Taught a women's kickboxing class for about an hour.

Team mates were sparring so when I got done I just jumped in. Think I went 6, 5 min rounds just boxing in a row. Had a lot of fun. Also a new guy from another gym was in, switched to southpaw a lot and I think I countered him well, he would get flustered and switch back to ortho.

Jogged .5 miles
Worked a bunch of head movement and slips.
A lot of body shots, straight punches no hooks making sure head is off the center line.

Covered for my coach and taught a women's kickboxing class

hit the bag for 1, 15 min round before I went home

Yesterday:

Morning: Bench press up to 225 lbs, deadlifts 225 lbs, abs, just bored and wanted a workout.

Evening: Kicked thai pads for a long time with partner, hit 2 five minute rounds pretty intensely.

Today:

Morning weight 218

218 this morning, 215 after practice. Ate a bit as a result.

Hit pads for 3, 5's
Light sparred a southpaw with take downs for 4, 5's

Back