Biased's Shenanigans

Missed my workout Thurs, entire day got tied up. Had 2 job interviews in the city, did some shopping and got a couple pairs of running shoes and then went out to eat with my sister in law and niece before I headed back. Got home around 8:30 p.m. and wasn't about to go for a jog.

Friday: Did my long E day today, used bag work mostly boxing. Threw in some kicks here and there. 60 mins at avg HR of 137. Started off kind of boring but then I got in the zone and it was fun. Only stopped because I have plans tonight.

Week 2 day 1
SE 3x30 44lb KB
KB cluster
-KB Swings
-Goblet squats
-Bent over Rows
-Single arm floor press
-KB ab twists

high rep squats are killer, most likely going to be sore tomorrow.

Week 2 day 2
Morning weight of 218, morning avg HR of 50.
Pretty sore today from the SE workout

E was a 40 min straight grappling session
Followed some boxing pad work
Then I held pads for my coach
When I got home I did probably 15 kb cleans on each arm for funzies

Last edited:
E 40 mins of jogging/ shadow boxing avg HR of 132, got it in before practice because I knew today was a light day
Practice was going over ways to shut down or get out of the triangle, then the same with arm bars. Followed by a couple of rounds of medium difficulty rolls.

Weight is 214.5 after practice before rehydrating.

215.5 around mid day
Very little sleep last night, stayed at a friends house

SE 2x30 44lb KB
KB cluster
-KB Swings
-Goblet squats
-Bent over Rows
-Single arm floor press
-KB ab twists

Started off rough, wasn't feeling it. But after I got going things started working.
Also 1 min plank and shank each, was more fatigued than I thought. 1 min of planks got me.

No practice this evening, the guys decided to have a group cookout. Also after some negotiations for a job I finally got the amount I was looking for. Looks like I'll be moving at the end of Sept.

Yesterday: Supposed to be a recovery day, turned into being a hardcore pad work session. Morning HR of 52

Today: Morning HR of 54 and HRV app is telling me I need to rest today (5/10) which I am totally cool with. Will do my long E tomorrow, my feet are all jacked up from footwork barefoot. I did some stretching, a few KB cleans, body weight rows, kb skull crushers and abs. Calling it good and going to a cookout tonight.

E day, 45 mins of shadow boxing and bag work at avg hr of 129

Rest day today, ended up packing some thing and getting stuff ready to semi move. Also stacked all my weights in my gym and took apart my power rack. Was a much bigger chore than I thought it would be. Turns out I have 960 lbs of Oly plates. A little over kill, I should probably sell some off.

3x40 SE day, brutal. Just brutal couldn't even finish it, peeps were right I need a lighter kb for this. On my shopping list. Going to hurt tomorrow haha.

Life is a little hectic at the moment, moving Sunday to my new job and just trying to get stuff figured out. Been either doing mma practice, kb workouts or bag work last few days. Had a killer practice working on the dutchie (L hook to body and R low kick) my striking coach finally got my footwork down for it. Pretty stoked about it actually, eager to spar. Haven't even looked at the BB template. Most likely will just restart it when I get settled at the new place. No fights lined up, had one in Sept that my opponent pulled out of and so I just told them not to find a replacement since I am a little busy right now. There is a pretty good fight gym by my work, so I'll definitely be checking that out. Finishing packing tomorrow, then watching Mcgregor v Diaz 2 with some training partners, moving Sunday. Start work Monday.

Alright the move was good. Finished moving Sunday evening. Today was the first day at my job, everything went smoothly. Not really settled in yet but I figured I would start over TB or at least do the first SE because I was feeling froggy.

3x20 kb circuit
Swings
Goblet squats
Rows
Cleans
Push presses

Morning jog and shadow boxing for 30 mins at average bpm of 130

New job is pretty fun. Been either jogging or playing with kettlebells most days. Left my computer at home so I haven't been on the Internet as often. Was going to move some more stuff this weekend but my car broke down Friday night leaving work (tie rod) and so that put a damper on plans. Got it fixed today, took $35 and some elbow grease so that's good.

Diet was on point until the car incident. Probably could have died if it weren't for traffic keeping my speed down. Was doing 25 or so when it happened and almost wound up in the ditch. Pizza, beer, etc. Starting back up tomorrow with healthy eating.

Goal is to continue to improve endurance and also to lower my weight to about 215 so weight cuts aren't much of a problem.

When I get paid I'll get in a fight gym. Already have my eye on one.

Nice evening jog for 30 mins, had a monster before I went so my hr kept getting too high during my run. I really need to kick the caffeine habit.

Wednesday did a kickboxing class at a gym nearby my work. Wasn't very technical, was mostly cardio and combos.

Thursday: nothing, kind of sore.

Today: we will see, either kickboxing or have a date.

SE kb workout 3x20
Swings
Squats
Overhead presses
Rows
Cleans

Last night 47 minute jog 144 avg bpm 3.15 miles.

Was going to go to a new gym today, they asked me to come in Wednesday.

Played with kettlebells Tuesday morning. Nothing crazy.

Today I started at a new gym and did an hour muay thai class.

Was going to do a jog this morning but it was raining, did 50 kb swings with a 44 lb kb, a few bent over rows and some core work.

Yesterday I did a 3.3 mile jog in about 42 minutes.

Today one hour of gi jiu jitsu over setting up an arm bar from Mount and securing the arm triangle.

One hour of muay thai, mostly pad work and sparring.

Back