Biased's Shenanigans

215.0 this morning.
Bagwork for 20 or so minutes. Padwork with my coach, L hook to body and left liver kick was a focus. Walking forward with the kick or letting them walk into it. Slipping R cross into L body hook and coming up with L hook to head, rolling under while stepping at an angle and R cross L hook. Just did that over and over again.

216.6 earlier today, consumed some beef and alot of fluids so we will see what I am really at in a day or two. Will drink a bunch of water tomorrow. Skipped some rope today.

215.6 this morning. Started water loading today. About to skip some rope and maybe some shadow boxing and what not.

214.7 this morning, yeah buddy. Not going to cut as much water as I thought. Haven't eaten today. Take my licensure exam Wednesday so I'm planning on eating something that day.

4, 5 min rounds on bag. First round was warm up, went at it the next two and last round pretty fatigued and weak from no food. Little bit of abs after and some upper back work.

214.6 this morning, been eating here and there. Ill have some foods tomorrow and then none thursday looks like. Fairly decent weight cut so far.
Grappled 4, 5 min rounds very hard/high pace.
Followed by 2, 5 min rounds of thai pads. Got in a really good sweat, cardio seems pretty good.

Last night did some bagwork and abs and rows after I got back from taking my board exam late at night.

211.6 after practice
Got in 3 rounds of hard grappling and some shadow boxing. Feeling good, strong. Ate yesterday, no food today. All fluids today have been coffee or a monster I had before practice. Last fluids I will have until weigh ins is the plan.

Made weight weighed in .4 under, wasn't an awful weight cut.
Reminder to not drink a bunch of coconut water after weigh ins, diarrhea all night and most of fight day. Not certain but that's what I think it was from. I did carb load a bit so maybe it was from something I ate. Not sure.

Won the first two rounds on judges score cards, gassed heavily and got subbed in the 3rd. Had a long chat in the back with my opponent afterwards and I was very impressed with his conditioning and workouts, way harder regimen than mine. Pretty disappointed in myself that I lost from lack of conditioning. Haven't seen the video yet, kind of want to see it and kind of don't. Spent the last 3 or 4 days eating tons of food and just being lazy. Reading up on a ton of sports conditioning material, Joel Jamieson stuff and etc. Not entirely sold on the HR stuff yet, but the methods of training the energy systems is fun to read. Still sore from the fight. New goal is to fix my conditioning and never gas in a fight again, I was stronger so I think I can afford to focus on endurance for a bit. Weighing 228 right now. Going on a vacation in a couple weeks. Then back to it.

Couldn't sleep so I did 5 miles on my airdyne bike in 20 mins. Followed by some shadow boxing for about 5 minutes. Did some ab work roughly 150 crunches all 3 directions and kettlebell swings and my usual rotator cuff exercises. Knee is still a bit sore but feels alot better now that I got some movement going.

Monday- Jogged .6 of a mile, held pads and be a dummy for some guys fighting this weekend.
Tuesday- took off from the gym and did some squats at my house
Today- Grappled at the gym and worked on things to look out for against opponents this weekend. Mostly guillotine defense for one guy.

Basically just being a bum, going on vacation next week and then when I get back i'll be hitting it hard.

Been reading up on Joel Jamieson, tactical barbell 1 and 2 and basically anything I can get my hands on. Jamieson's book is in the mail, just finished reading conditioning from TB, then re read it, and now I'll start reading on TB1. Going to be starting a base building block when I get back from my trip, my hr monitor came in today so I did some skipping rope and shadow boxing keeping my hr between 120-150 typically around 130's for 35 mins. Fairly easy, the time flew by was just checking out what that heart rate felt like work wise.

Just got back from my trip to Cali, was fun. Now back to reality. 219lbs this morning kind of surprised, must have been all the walking. Average HR this morning was 52 in reading position, will continue to monitor.
Started my Base Building block today, was going to wait until Sunday but I got antsy.

SE 3x20 44lb KB
KB cluster
-KB Swings
-Goblet squats
-Renegade Rows
-Single arm floor press
-KB weighted sit ups - replaced kb DL with them, back was already fried

Notes:
44 KB is heavy for this stuff, might look for a lighter one.
Only paused during Gob squats, everything else straight through with about a min break in between each.

E day
Shadow boxing, skipping rope
32 mins average hr of 132

Morning hr of 53, hamstrings are pretty sore from the SE yesterday.

Morning avg hr was 52 reading position
Weight 218 I think it was

Morning
E: 30 mins on my airdyne, 125 avg watts, estimating avg bpm of 135 I think hr monitor messed up a little

Evening
Found out my main training partners and coach wouldn't be at the gym today.. So stayed home and played around with my kettlebell. Nothing too hard, did some ab twists, crunches, practiced a few single arm cleans (need to google correct technique), some russian get ups, did a few military presses with kb and skull crushers, also did about 20 or 30 body weight rows.

Looking like I may get a match in September, plenty of time to improve my endurance.

Just got back from my trip to Cali, was fun. Now back to reality. 219lbs this morning kind of surprised, must have been all the walking. Average HR this morning was 52 in reading position, will continue to monitor.
Started my Base Building block today, was going to wait until Sunday but I got antsy.

SE 3x20 44lb KB
KB cluster
-KB Swings
-Goblet squats
-Renegade Rows
-Single arm floor press
-KB weighted sit ups - replaced kb DL with them, back was already fried

Notes:
44 KB is heavy for this stuff, might look for a lighter one.
Only paused during Gob squats, everything else straight through with about a min break in between each.

Yeah man, gotta go super light during the SE stage, 20-25%RM. it catches up fast.

Yeah man, gotta go super light during the SE stage, 20-25%RM. it catches up fast.

Yeah the first day destroyed me but today I used the same weight and felt like a million bucks. So i'll stick with it at least another SE session until I lower weight. Wish I knew KB's were so fun, would have gotten some ages ago.

Morning hr avg of 55
Weight of 217.7

Morning:
SE 2x20 44lb KB
KB cluster
-KB Swings
-Goblet squats
-Bent over Rows
-Single arm floor press
-KB weighted sit ups and a few ab twists

Also threw in 2x20 of inverted rows

Evening:
-Partner drills of cutting off the cage/ring and also not getting pinned down.
-Followed by some light sparring working the above.

Morning: Avg HR of 52, I have been measuring the HRV thing in the morning just kid of for funzies. I was feeling pretty wore out this morning and I figured the HRV app would tell me I was good to train and I could label it as bunk, but turns out it told me to take today off or do something light for recovery. Surprised, maybe it's useful after all. Maybe just luck.

Scheduled recovery day from base building any ways so it worked out.

Evening: ended up doing some technical grappling, just focusing on technique and going with the flow. One 30 min light session.

Have 2 job interviews tomorrow, so there's that. Possibly moving in the near future, training might be a little weird for a little bit.

Tomorrow is my scheduled long E day, kind of looking forward to it oddly enough.

I have to look into the whole HRV thing a little more. Half the people I talk to tell me it's a good tool to avoid over-training, the other half say it'll cause a little too much cautiousness in training and you'll avoid pushing at times you could & should.

I have to look into the whole HRV thing a little more. Half the people I talk to tell me it's a good tool to avoid over-training, the other half say it'll cause a little too much cautiousness in training and you'll avoid pushing at times you could & should.
Yeah I am not sure about it yet, but it is interesting at least. I usually just take off when I feel bad any way so I don't know if an app that tells me I am feeling bad when I am feeling bad is that useful. But I'll keep using it for a bit and see what happens.

Back