Beyond Burpees Bodyweight culture is still doing it.

Cruz, you're being a dumbass. I responded with a polite, well thought out response and you fly off the handle in disbelief and insult weightlifting culture. You seem to be coming across as quite closed-minded fool. and I don't believe you for one second about your lifting abilities:
1) you have limited credibility here
2) you have set no intellectual precidence to suggest you're capable of it.
3) you shouldn't care that I don't believe you but I can sense some other reactive, condescending response forming in your mind as you read this.

Christ, this old chestnut again...

interesting thread, other then the flaming. btw Urban ur long post on ppl at the gym not lifting right is completely true

After looking through the video a few times I can safely say,
If anyone can do few dozens of each of those in a row and all of them in one workout. That person is in super condition.

The problem with most bodyweight routines is your LIMITED by your bodyweight, so in order to progress you have to do more repetititons (sacrificing explosivenss for endurance, i.e. sprinter vs jogger). If you fight you have time limits you compete in, so you need to be as explosive as you can for that time period, not to have the endurance to go 20 minutes when each round is only 5 minutes. Doing ONLY bodyweight will eventually limit your progression (maybe the average person it won't but a serious athlete it will), so mix bodyweight with some kind of weight exercises.

My point is there are other ways to get strong besides using machines and traditional type bodybuilding or weight lifting. A lot can be genetic too. I am an islander so i'm naturaly big and strong.

cruzcontrol39 said:
My point is there are other ways to get strong besides using machines and traditional type bodybuilding or weight lifting. A lot can be genetic too. I am an islander so i'm naturaly big and strong.

Please tell me how to get stronger genetically. Maybe post your genetic routine?

I generally don't like to fuck with my DNA but if it's been working for you I might have to give it a try.

deadlyshaolin said:
Please tell me how to get stronger genetically. Maybe post your genetic routine?

I generally don't like to fuck with my DNA but if it's been working for you I might have to give it a try.

Nicely done.

Urban said:
Cruz, you're being a dumbass. I responded with a polite, well thought out response and you fly off the handle in disbelief and insult weightlifting culture. You seem to be coming across as quite closed-minded fool. and I don't believe you for one second about your lifting abilities:
1) you have limited credibility here
2) you have set no intellectual precidence to suggest you're capable of it.
3) you shouldn't care that I don't believe you but I can sense some other reactive, condescending response forming in your mind as you read this.

I really don't think i flew off the handle like you just did, but whatever. If weightlifting is your thing than more power to you, but like it or not there are other ways to gain strength. I don't know about you, but i've know some incredibly strong people that has never touch a weight.

Yeah body weight! I just did 50 pushups and my wang grew three inches!

cruzcontrol...

Urban isn't talking about bodybuilding routines, he's talking about strength training...

BIG difference dude...

And if you honestly believe that you are getting stronger by doing nothing but bodyweight stuff, then just keep doing it...

Please explain to me what bodyweight exercise you do that makes you able to lift 505 lbs off the floor...

If you honestly did that, which I don't believe that you did...

If you were doing deads before that, I'd believe it, but I think you aren't telling the truth dude...

cruzcontrol39 said:
My point is there are other ways to get strong besides using machines

This is where you lost me.

wait... I DON'T have to use machines to get stronger?!

*GASP* The horror of such an atrocious statement!!! I bet next you're going to tell me that superior strength results would come from dumbell, barbell, sandbag, kegs, etc. with progressively heavier implements... in other words free weights and odd objects. Right? Cause that's what I would say if I thought (incorrectly) that somebody did a machine based routine. you sound like you're probably in the same group as your two buddies at the MMA gym and don't know your head from your asshole when it comes to lifting.

I'm going on record as saying that he didn't pull 505 off the floor without prior deadlifting experience...

He says he weighed 185 when he did it?

So, he claims that he did his body weight 2.73 times on his first time ever doing the lift?

No...

I'm not saying it can't happen, I'm just saying it didn't...

Urban said:
and don't know your head from your asshole when it comes to lifting.

lol

*wipes face, puts hat on ass*

Man do i feel like an idiot. It took me almost a year of dedicated DLing to pull 400 lbs and i weighed 235 at the time. I guess i should have spent that year doing burpees instead.

Kicks self in ass.

The problem with most bodyweight routines is your LIMITED by your bodyweight, so in order to progress you have to do more repetititons (sacrificing explosivenss for endurance, i.e. sprinter vs jogger). If you fight you have time limits you compete in, so you need to be as explosive as you can for that time period, not to have the endurance to go 20 minutes when each round is only 5 minutes. Doing ONLY bodyweight will eventually limit your progression (maybe the average person it won't but a serious athlete it will), so mix bodyweight with some kind of weight exercises.
Could depend on the move, it's hard to think you could do so many chins that they would cease to have a muscle-building effect unless you had twig legs.

Could depend on the move, it's hard to think you could do so many chins that they would cease to have a muscle-building effect unless you had twig legs.

Bro, this thread is from 2006....

Uber necro

Back