Beyond 5/3/1 - Jim Wendler

My hunch is that if you asked Wendler in person he'd say you don't need the supps but online he'll push them a bit because it's a way to make money. It's the same with UFC fighters, I doubt they all think Bony Acai, Xenergy, etc are amazing but sponsorships are what allow a lot of them to do what they love (train and fight) without having to juggle a full time job. I'm sure it's the same for Wendler.

If I told you that he actually uses the stuff, and that he does indeed pay for it, would you believe me?

Jason

Sure, but would he say we needed them ?

I'm not going to put words in his mouth, but I dont think he would tell you you need them. You're not going to sit stagnant for years if you never take them. He doesn't say that you need them in the write up at tmag either. I think that if you asked him if he thought they would help you, and that you could afford them, he would absolutely say go for it.

Jason

Meh. As someone else said, a man has to eat, and there isn't a huge amount of money in Powerlifting. Frankly, if people are dumb enough to buy supps because Wendler told them to, I have no sympathy for them.

I like Wendler's program. Doesn't mean I'm going to get tats, start riding a bike and listen to Death Metal.:rolleyes:

This. I didn't know that people actually bought NOV shirts and walked around trying to be Jim Wendler. I like Wendler's lifting templates. I could care less if he is pitching some supplement to me.

As someone else pointed out, it's like MMA fighters drinking Xyience and using Metro PCS. Who cares.

Reading that was pretty much the time I wished I hadn't paid for the 5/3/1 book. His book is such low quality compared to the stuff Rip/Kilgore produce. The program is fine, the book is just not.

Yeah well try buying Johnny Pain's GreySkull Linear Progression book. The thing has NO PAGE NUMBERS lol. But it has a nice index with the chapters listed by pages. Great program though like SS had a drunken regretful hatefuck with 5/3/1

Yeah well try buying Johnny Pain's GreySkull Linear Progression book. The thing has NO PAGE NUMBERS lol. But it has a nice index with the chapters listed by pages. Great program though like SS had a drunken regretful hatefuck with 5/3/1

The second edition has page numbers.

I agree, great programme though. The Q&A on his forum is very useful as well, he answers most questions within a day or so.

Lost at this. Well played, sir.:icon_lol:

I'm not going to put words in his mouth, but I dont think he would tell you you need them. You're not going to sit stagnant for years if you never take them. He doesn't say that you need them in the write up at tmag either. I think that if you asked him if he thought they would help you, and that you could afford them, he would absolutely say go for it.

Jason

Why do you put Jason at the end of your post?

Back