"Better to be atheist than hypocritical Christian" -- Pope

Agreed. Can't help but wonder if the church should more closely follow this example.
That's one way of doing it, but you better have honest trustworthy people in charge of it all. If not, boy your gonna have a mess. I know the apostles were leading this.

Power often corrupts. Even in the church.

Religion is compulsory by nature, the only difference is that some religions demand an earthly punishment, while others reserve the punishment for the afterlife.

Last I checked the doctrine of salvation made no mention of selling your possessions and pooling them with Christian leaders. Christianity is not a works-based religion, heaven is not attained by checking things off a list.

That's one way of doing it, but you better have honest trustworthy people in charge of it all. If not, boy your gonna have a mess. I know the apostles were leading this.

Power often corrupts. Even in the church.

I personally like this formula for those who dedicate their lives to working in the ministry, but I'll admit it gets tricky because the Church has strayed so much from the original model, that correcting one thing doesn't really make sense.

The same guy who says we shouldn't build a wall while he lives behind walls.

Edit: And before someone bitches about that not being the current Pope:

pope-francis-gold-candlesticks.jpg

The three gold lamps in front were bought from Michael Jackson's estate auction. By the way, it looks like the Pope's rocking not one, but three iron crosses. They're red, outlined in black, too. Perfect opportunity to start a holy war with the Vatican. I've got the Vatican winning easily with a rear naked choke that they refuse to let go.

The three gold lamps in front were bought from Michael Jackson's estate auction. By the way, it looks like the Pope's rocking not one, but three iron crosses. They're red, outlined in black, too. Perfect opportunity to start a holy war with the Vatican. I've got the Vatican winning easily with a rear naked choke that they refuse to let go.
The one on his upper right looks like an Umbrella logo. :eek:

I would rather be a hypocritical christian because god forgives, that's the beauty of being a christian
I always thought that if there was a god I'm sure he'll be sweet with me not believing in the correct religious text, If he's not a total cunt.

Back