"Better to be atheist than hypocritical Christian" -- Pope

Kind of one of those verses I don't really like. Seems to encourage being extreme to the max.
In my opinion...
It is an unsettling verse that makes Christians examine themselves. It makes me examine myself. Which I think is good, because I should anyway.

The example set by Christ encouraged believers to be radical, so the verse is not out of place.

As for the faith issue, I've always found it to be an interesting topic. For instance, faith in a vacuum is not necessarily Godly. If I believe the moon is made of cheese because I have faith, it's not really a virtue. I stand with Aquinas on this- Reason is natural revelation and Faith is supernatural revelation, or as the Bible puts it, faith is a gift from God.
Jesus was an awesome radical. And he did it cleverly by knowing the Laws better than the Pharisees. Bad teachers don't like being schooled.

In my opinion...
It is an unsettling verse that makes Christians examine themselves. It makes me examine myself. Which I think is good, because I should anyway.
Jesus, in my opinion, was pretty big on self examination, or at least knowing oneself.
I wish there could have been a contemporary who recorded things faithfully. I'd bet anything a good part of his end was because he was just fucking smart and probably hysterically funny.

That's cool cause its better to be Baptist than Catholic anyway.:p

Jesus, in my opinion, was pretty big on self examination, or at least knowing oneself.
I wish there could have been a contemporary who recorded things faithfully. I'd bet anything a good part of his end was because he was just fucking smart and probably hysterically funny.
Yeah Jesus was smart. If you argued with him, you are arguing with God. Ain't nobody gonna win that battle but him. That's one reason they wanted to kill him. He made them look bad.

I know you disagree with the above^

The same guy who said that Muslims don't commit terrorist acts?, yeah..fuck that mentally deficient, EVIL cunt

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-atheists-idUSKBN1621I3

FAKE CHRISTIANS being called out!!!

FAKE NEWS was the big story, but FAKE CHRISTIANS are the growing threat.

We all know he is talking about the FAKE CHRISTIAN CON MAN in the White House.

Xlbd99l.jpg
He's right, but that's just bible studies 101. Jesus cussed out the pharisees for their tendency to pray in public and draw attention to their piety, contradicted, of course, by their actions, and you've no doubt heard, "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven." The people who voted for Trump don't care. They've cast their lot with a blasphemer and cheer him all the more for it while crying about other people ruining America. Wonderful people, aren't they?

Does this mean he's converting to atheism?

I would rather be a hypocritical christian because god forgives, that's the beauty of being a christian

Back