"Better to be atheist than hypocritical Christian" -- Pope

Dramovitch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"There are those who say 'I am very Catholic, I always go to Mass, I belong to this and that association'," the head of the 1.2 billion-member Roman Catholic Church said, according to a Vatican Radio transcript.

He said that some of these people should also say "'my life is not Christian, I don't pay my employees proper salaries, I exploit people, I do dirty business, I launder money, (I lead) a double life'."
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-atheists-idUSKBN1621I3

FAKE CHRISTIANS being called out!!!

FAKE NEWS was the big story, but FAKE CHRISTIANS are the growing threat.

We all know he is talking about the FAKE CHRISTIAN CON MAN in the White House.

Xlbd99l.jpg

<mma4>

Damn. I hate the vatican, but this pope seems like an ok guy.

If you're gonna be a Christian, I agree, follow Jesus Christ all out.

Strong meat there from Frank.
I agree. If you're gonna be a vocal Christian, you've gotta rep him right.

This is a game changer

Hey, he said something semi-Biblical. How 'bout that.

Revelations 3

To the Church in Laodicea

14“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Agree. I'm always fascinated watching self-proclaimed staunch Christians twist themselves into knots to justify un-Christian philosophies. Especially the anti-poor positions.

Kind of a stupid quote since everyone is a hypocrite one way or another. It's human nature. Jerk on I guess

Kind words, but it's not like the Catholic Church doesn't have a long history of, ahem, two-faced views on morality.

I live my life by 2 Corinthians.

Revelations 3

To the Church in Laodicea

14“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
Kind of one of those verses I don't really like. Seems to encourage being extreme to the max.
The only thing attributed to Jesus I don't like similarly extolls the virtue of ignorance. "Blessed is he who has not seen and yet believes.", which encourages accepting fantastical things without evidence that they occurred.

Kind of one of those verses I don't really like. Seems to encourage being extreme to the max.
The only thing attributed to Jesus I don't like similarly extolls the virtue of ignorance. "Blessed is he who has not seen and yet believes.", which encourages accepting fantastical things without evidence that they occurred.

The example set by Christ encouraged believers to be radical, so the verse is not out of place.

As for the faith issue, I've always found it to be an interesting topic. For instance, faith in a vacuum is not necessarily Godly. If I believe the moon is made of cheese because I have faith, it's not really a virtue. I stand with Aquinas on this- Reason is natural revelation and Faith is supernatural revelation, or as the Bible puts it, faith is a gift from God.

Back