Better than Gambino's "This is America"?

My friend showed this to me a few nights ago, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. I've watched it close to a dozen times, now. It came out nearly a year ago. I'm not sure what it means, I haven't been able to unpack it, and that's part of why I like it so much, because there is no mistaking that it is loaded with weighted imagery. It evokes an emotional response in me that I do not comprehend.

Race, Technology, Power, Purity, Deformity, Narcosis, Illusion, Disconnection, The Son of Man, Ghosts, Deterioration, Religion, Wealth, Materialism, East meeting West, Tribalism, Teamwork, the Individual contrasted to the Hive, Class Struggle, Colonialism, Pride, Legacy, Forgery, Hopelessness, Hope, Man as Nature, Pollution, Excess, Busby Berkeley & Hollywood, Exploitation, Irony, Meditation, the Power of the Gaze, Progress, Change, Motion, Gravity, Emptiness, History repeating itself...the semiotics are all there.

It's uncanny considering the length. Uncanny. For some strange reason I even find my mind wandering to Blade Runner.

See what you think.

Spectacular video. Didn't think anyone was making such high quality music videos in the YouTube era. The song itself was a bit underwhelming, reminding me of the second tier 90s industrial acts like Front 242 and Laibach. Still better than SoundCloud rap tho...

Almost as bad as This is America. This beat isn't bad as This is America, and does not have gospel singers that don't fit in with the music, or shitty mumbling for lyrics. Also, thankfully this guy isn't walking around with his shirt off and holding his dick.
My funny bone is telling me you've got a thing against albinos.
Looks like you just wanted to show off your vocabulary in this OP.
maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry. I'll use fewer vocabulary next time.

Back