Better MMA wrestler - Jones or DC?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
After 2 fights between them we have now a lot of tape to investigate and give the conclusion. Who is finally better MMA wrestler between them?

I'd have said DC until the end of time but if I'm honest, I think Jones takes it.

The way he destroyed a tired DC in the first fight was incredible.

After 2 fights between them we have now a lot of tape to investigate and give the conclusion. Who is finally better MMA wrestler between them?

do you mean who would win in a wrestling only match? In his prime, DC 9 of 10.

In strict wrestling obviously DC tars him. In MMA Jon's clinchwork is way better so his overall grappling ability is higher.

They're the 2 best MMA wrestlers and clinch fighters of all time, Jon just slightly edges it

Jon%2BJones%2BTakes%2BDown%2BDaniel%2BCormier%2BUFC%2B182.gif

Seems like the results are in on this contest already...

Wait, what? DC had nothing for Jones wrestling wise in their two bouts, while Jones basically cemented his win in the first fight by taking DC down twice in the fourth round.

...and then he started the second fight by taking DC down (although he got up immediately), almost as to prove a point yet again.

I don't think you even need to specify mma wrestling. In 2017 Jones also beats DC in pure wrestling.

I'd say DC has the better overall offensive wrestling in mma while Jones has the better clinch.Looking at their fights not against each other i'd say DC is the more effective offensive wrestler while they both have obviously top notch wrestling and their own strong points.I'd say DC is the better mma wrestler while Jon has a good style to defend it.Jon taking down a super tired DC in the first match doesn't really change anything for me.Obviously super close.DC uses his wrestling a lot more than Jon and is very effective with it.

Pretty simple, it is Jones. Only a DC nut hugger would say DC.

well jones has the testosterone levels of a 90 year old man. 40 years ago he would have been goat for sure.

Back