Better lockdown defender: Jordan or Kobe

I accept your tacit concession.

1099.gif

Nope I just don't dabble in conjecture. The proof is in the video and Kobe has been found wanting. Sorry

Everyone gets PWNT at some point @Corona, even the GOAT Jordan. Hell, Starks dunked on him in the yoffs bruh.

But Kobe has been murked too, same for LeBron, Magic, Bird.. 'everyone owes, everyone pays'

Derrick Rose
Ok. I was thinking you said Finals (I see you didn't). Yeah, back at the beginning of the decade when Lebron still played defense that was a hell of a performance. Although Rose had no business being MVP that season.

Jordan won DPOTY AND MVP in the same season ffs

Just stop

Ok. I was thinking you said Finals (I see you didn't). Yeah, back at the beginning of the decade when Lebron still played defense that was a hell of a performance. Although Rose had no business being MVP that season.

Restricting to finals would bee too much. Playoffs make more sense as you play a series.

Right. LeBron should have been MVP every one of the last 12 years

Hi All:

Just wanted to get some thoughts on who was the better defender in their prime: Kobe or Jordan? Comments are appreciated. Thanks!

Are you retarded?

Iverson lit Tobe up for 48 points in game 1 of the finals and LA lost. Then Phil put Tyronn Lou on Iverson and LA won the next 4 games. Iverson was still dropping about 35 per game though.

Close enough to be a wash.

As far as guards though, Gary Payton was better than both. Hell, if Payton guards jordan all games of the '96 finals, the 72 win bulls probably don't win the title. Payton didn't guard Jordan until they were down 3-0. The Sonics proceeded to win 2 of the next 3, and Jordan put up very subpar number with the glove locking him down.

They went 3-0 before losing two games. Try watching games instead of trusting Wikipedia. The bulls destroyed Seattle.

They went 3-0 before losing two games. Try watching games instead of trusting Wikipedia. The bulls destroyed Seattle.

wtf are you talking about. Payton guarded jordan starting in game 4. The coach didn't wanna put payton on him the first 3 games because payton had a calf injury. After being down 3-0, Karl says fuck it and payton guards jordan for games 4,5, and 6 and jordan puts up a bad-kobe stat line. 23 points on 36% shooting. This is despite being 4 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter btw

Close enough to be a wash.

As far as guards though, Gary Payton was better than both. Hell, if Payton guards jordan all games of the '96 finals, the 72 win bulls probably don't win the title. Payton didn't guard Jordan until they were down 3-0. The Sonics proceeded to win 2 of the next 3, and Jordan put up very subpar number with the glove locking him down.

Doubtful. Even if Jordan is held to his game 4-7 average, the Bulls still win game 1-3. Game two was close by virtue of the Bulls trying not lose, so chalk it up to situational circumstances.

wtf are you talking about. Payton guarded jordan starting in game 4. The coach didn't wanna put payton on him the first 3 games because payton had a calf injury. After being down 3-0, Karl says fuck it and payton guards jordan for games 4,5, and 6 and jordan puts up a bad-kobe stat line. 23 points on 36% shooting. This is despite being 4 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter btw

The Bulls did not want to finish the finals in Seattle. Hence, Jordan having a bad stat line. It is so obvious.

Back