Better Leg Kicks: justin gaethje or jose aldo?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

We're talking current Justin vs Prime Aldo.

We've seen Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Poirier get obliterated by Justin's leg kicks. (Only 3 fights in UFC, and we're already seeing high level guys not be able to do much about it).

Then we have Jose who retained his title several times partly because of his insane kicks.

Who is more effective?

Hard to say.

Both guys have chopped opponents down and turned legs into raw hamburger.

Hard to say. I wish Aldo had used his leg kicks more during his title reign. He had so many weapons but fell in love with his boxing too much.

Since Gaethje uses them more often and more effectively, I guess I have to go with him.

Hard to say. I wish Aldo had used his leg kicks more during his title reign. He had so many weapons but fell in love with his boxing too much.

Since Gaethje uses them more often and more effectively, I guess I have to go with him.
Apparently the reason he doesn't use them much anymore is because of the injury he got in the Korean Zombie fight.

Both work (well Aldo for some reason stopped doing it) like an axe.

Aldo was a bit more technical I think.

I'd go with Justin though. I love this kid. He is just like a fighter transferred from PRIDE era. Pure warrior

Aldo's top 5 all-time for leg kicks (or close), while Gaethje's a good low kicker. Aldo brutalized Faber and hindered Edgar's offense with them. Level of comp matters.

Aldo's are more devastating, Gaethje's do so much damage because he throws that many

so Aldo's imo

They're both devastating in terms of power.

But Aldo could throw them from range, FAST, and with much less telegraph. Aldo's kicks were like a sword, Gaethje's are like a big club.

Apparently the reason he doesn't use them much anymore is because of the injury he got in the Korean Zombie fight.
Even before that, Aldo didn't throw leg kicks like he used to in WEC. Maybe he had an earlier injury, but it seemed like he changed his style in the UFC.

Aldo?

Leg kicks?

Never heard of them

Aldo, because he won when he used them instead of losing.

Lol.

On a serious note: Aldo. Faster, better technique and less telegraph.

Gaethje has ridiculous kicks too, but he often gets countered when he throws them and doesn't have the same fluidity in his kick-combinations.

Aldo by a mile.

Im terms of pure power and destruction of the legs, Gaethje is up there. The difference was Aldo threw them with great set up and was controlling fights with them since the other fighter was slowed down.

Justin takes a beating while throwing his kicks since theres is no set up. Still brutal as hell but Aldo was inteligentaly using them.

Back