Better flag? America vs Canada

Canada flag has a fucking leaf on it, so America.

America flag also gets bonus points because it has been carried on several battlefields.
b99ddaab4513a166130772b43713328c.jpg

american-civil-war-general-philip-kearny-american-school.jpg

lGSGqdO.jpg

No contest. Canada's flag is a leaf with a boring color scheme. We got stars and stripes + blue. Mexico would be a better comparison. They got an eagle eating a snake on their flag.

flag of treasonous losers imo

I think what you meant to say was "freedom fighters!"

Oh wait, let me anticipate your response. . .

"No, I meant treasonous losers!"

Of course my response is, Fuck off.

as an american, they both kinda suck. i like the swiss flag.

Yeah. Except it doesn't really represent a nation of people, unless you count tobacco chewing rednecks and people like @shadow_priest_x who imo supports it for the lulz.

I support it because it represents an entire region of the country.

In my view, it's not ideological. It's regional, which mean's it's cultural. It means deeply-felt religion, fried chicken, Southern hospitality and a general attitude of rebellion toward authority.

I really wish americas flag looked more bad ass

like a terrifying big ass eagle swooping right at you

instead of old timey striped pajama bottoms

I support it because it represents an entire region of the country.

In my view, it's not ideological. It's regional, which mean's it's cultural. It means deeply-felt religion, fried chicken, Southern hospitality and a general attitude of rebellion toward authority.

It doesn't represent anything. And if it wasn't ideological, why is it that everyone I know that has one uses the N word in their everyday vocabulary?

Surely there's a correlation.

<mma3>

I think what you meant to say was "freedom fighters!"

Oh wait, let me anticipate your response. . .

"No, I meant treasonous losers!"

Of course my response is, Fuck off.
no i meant historic all time great losers

It doesn't represent anything. And if it wasn't ideological, why is it that everyone I know that has one uses the N word in their everyday vocabulary?

Surely there's a correlation.

<mma3>

The historical argument is that the flag sort of morphed over the years from meaning something specific about the Civil War to being a symbol of the South in general. That's how I grew up with it. It just meant the South. And that's how a lot of people today look at it, so you need to keep that in mind.

As for ideology, I think now I didn't represent my viewpoint fully: It is ideological. That ideology is one of rebellion against tyranny. That tyranny is something you can define for yourself, but at its core it's the government telling the people what's what.

Wasup with all these flag threads?

The historical argument is that the flag sort of morphed over the years from meaning something specific about the Civil War to be a symbol of the South in general. That's how I grew up with it. It just meant the South. And that's how a lot of people today look at it, so you need to keep that in mind.

As for ideology, I think now I didn't represent my viewpoint fully: It is ideological. That ideology is one of rebellion against tyranny. That tyranny is something you can define for yourself, bur at its core it's the government telling the people what's what.

You felt like that as a youngin because you were too ignorant and aloof to understand the complexities of racism, and you've obviously chosen to stick with that rose tinted view of the flag because it suits your viewpoint best.

You felt like that as a youngin because you were too ignorant and aloof to understand the complexities of racism, and you've obviously chosen to stick with that rose tinted view of the flag because it suits your viewpoint best.

Why try to tell us what the flag means instead of listening to what people are trying to tell you? (STL is not the South, no.)

You don't even live in the South. It's like me trying to tell New Yorkers what's what.

Why try to tell us what the flag means instead of listening to what people are trying to tell you? (STL is not the South, no.)

You don't even live in the South. It's like me trying to tell New Yorkers what's what.

I was born and raised in Little Rock, Arkansas. Lived there for the first 19 years of my life, and am living back here now. I've also lived in Alabama for a number of years. Nice try at deflecting, though.

free atlanta falcons 2016 nfl champs shirts to all confederate fans

I was born and raised in Little Rock, Arkansas. Lived there for the first 19 years of my life, and am living back here now. Nice try at deflecting, though.

I'm no trying to deflect at all.

If you're in Little Rock, then okay. What's up?

Tell me about your experience. I'm listening.

I'm no trying to deflect at all.

If you're in Little Rock, then okay. What's up?

Tell me about your experience. I'm listening.

You were definitely trying to deflect. You're an intelligent guy, and shouldn't be so short sighted to assume that a person's location on sherdog is where they've spent their entire life and gained their experiences. Plenty of people on Sherdog are much more well traveled than I am, and their location usually means jack shit in terms of their experience.

Secondly, I'm not going to explain anything to you, I have no doubt you've discussed this at great length with many people considering your stance. Your own personal thoughts (including my own) on a piece of history means absolutely nothing. The flag represents the Confederacy's unwillingness to free African slaves. That's it.

You don't get to take an ISIS flag and say, "Well, you know, to me it means this." You don't have the right.

Back