Better fighter at its peak: Cormier or CroCop?

DC got into the sport at a relatively late age, what he was able to achieve in that time frame was nothing short of amazing.
CC has some worse lowlights, but also greatest highlights.

Both won some good titles, tournaments. DC isn't completely finished yet but the way CC was able to beat Gonzaga in a rematch, then win an openweight tournament as an old man sealed his career imo...DC hasn't had the longevity in his career that CC has.

In their prime, that's a tough fight...Coleman may have had slightly higher wrestling credentials, but I feel DC displayed better wrestling in MMA than Coleman did. So I think DC matches up well with CC, especially considering he is a lot more well rounded than a lot of the amateur wrestlers CC faced like Waterman, Randleman, Coleman, Dos Cara Jnr etc

Doesn't ones career in Pride come with a huge asterisk tho?
It does with Crocop. He came to UFC and got his shit pushed in. Cormier came to UFC in his mid/late 30's and dominated. Shit we've never even seen DC in his prime and he's still better than CC.

In their prime, that's a tough fight...Coleman may have had slightly higher wrestling credentials, but I feel DC displayed better wrestling in MMA than Coleman did. So I think DC matches up well with CC, especially considering he is a lot more well rounded than a lot of the amateur wrestlers CC faced like Waterman, Randleman, Coleman, Dos Cara Jnr etc

Actually head to head I think the style matchup suits Mirko personally, DC has shown a weakness to kicks multiple times with his limited reach/speed. Most especially I think he would suffer badly from Crocops bodykicks, those were not shots you could afford to take many of, even one could end a fight.

Grappling wise year I wouldn't say a DC takedown is impossible but honestly even if he gets one does he do much? Mirko had a very strong defensive guard.

DC via wrestlefuck.

lol@people saying Cro Cop is more athletic.

DC via wrestlefuck.

You seriously think that? Cormier is a very skilled wrestler technically but no way is he anywhere close to as agile as Mirko was.

It'll become NC... you must be new to combat sport...

Well then, getting all technical on me, i guess i should just earse cormier head bouncing of the canvas from my memory.

Also if you want to be a stifler, it isnt yet a nc, so technically he got finished untill then.

You must be new to life.

You seriously think that? Cormier is a very skilled wrestler technically but no way is he anywhere close to as agile as Mirko was.
Cormier is an old man. Look at videos of him in his athletic prime, early 20s. Obviously he currently doesn't move like roided 28 year old Cro Cop.

Its the continuous debate: In Pride rules Crocop 8 out of 10, in UFC rules DC 7 out of 10.

Well then, getting all technical on me, i guess i should just earse cormier head bouncing of the canvas from my memory.

Also if you want to be a stifler, it isnt yet a nc, so technically he got finished untill then.

You must be new to life.

You don't have to erase anything... you just gotta know that one person in the fight cheated... I guess it's hard for crocop fans to do that... because he was a cheater too...

There really isn't any scenario where it won't become a NC... you must be new to combat sport...

Cormier is more well rounded but I'm still going with Crocop. I can already picture him head kicking DC and breaking Jon Jones legs with a round house kick.

Cormier by far and it's not even close... He would do to Crocrop what he did to Rumble twice.... Kickers don't fare well against wrestlers and Crocrop's vaunted sprawl would be useless.

Of course Crocrop could get in a kill shot, it happens, it's MMA after all but I would pick Cormier to win 9 times out of 10.

Let's add in that assuming they fought both at prime, Crocrop would fail every drug test on the planet. His prime was in Prime where he and most of the other fighters juiced to the gills.

DC via wrestlefuck.

yeah hes going to wrestlefuck a guy that completely neutralized mark coleman wrestling. prime coleman >= dc wrestling

Probably dc

Who would win who knows cro cop had a chance he was lighting quick high level wrestlers couldn't get close to him

Dc is my pick

Randy bs cro cop is an interesting fight

Prime heavyweight Cormier had somewhat similar style to Fedor. They used to call him the black Fedor.

If he follows the game plan Fedor did then he could win.

If he fights at range or he tries to take Mirko down by shooting double leg then he will get KOd.

Prime heavyweight Cormier had somewhat similar style to Fedor. They used to call him the black Fedor.

If he follows the game plan Fedor did then he could win.

If he fights at range or he tries to take Mirko down by shooting double leg then he will get KOd.
thing is, Cormier isn't Fedor.
Fedor has better striking ,faster hands, and way more explosive.

Actually head to head I think the style matchup suits Mirko personally, DC has shown a weakness to kicks multiple times with his limited reach/speed. Most especially I think he would suffer badly from Crocops bodykicks, those were not shots you could afford to take many of, even one could end a fight.

Grappling wise year I wouldn't say a DC takedown is impossible but honestly even if he gets one does he do much? Mirko had a very strong defensive guard.

Valid point..DC would expect it though, that didn't stop a lot of people but DC is a pretty intelligent fighter.

Back