BETTER CALL SAUL Discussion Thread v.3

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters
One of my theories is that they are either dead (very unlikely in this more toned down world of Jimmy) or he breaks away from both and just forgets about them once he turns to Saul Goodman.

Or they're both alive and after BB, he lives with Kim while running a Cinnabon in Nebraska.

stupid question but are they in arizona or new mexico right now? I think Arizona.

giphy.gif

Yeah, it's kind of sad.

Am i on my own in thinking BCS's first 2 seasons are better than BB's first two?

BCS has more interesting characters, a strong female lead & better dialogue, imo.

The Jimmy/Chuck relationship is far more complex & dynamic for me than WW/Pinkman's was.

3 minutes in and Mike is now apparently a mutant that can appear suddenly out of clear, unobstructed desert to having a gun in your face the second you turn around.
Mikes a boss remember in BB he takes out like half of that cartel on his own

With every episode we can see Jimmy turning into Saul. With a slow episode here and there this show is still one of the better on TV right now. So many likeable characters, and so many characters who you just want to bang their heads into a counter.

Chuck is fucked, just hope Jimmy doesnt out himself over this and lose it all. Chuck was a great character in which you started sympathizing for, then you started hating him. Great story arcs for him, Jimmy, Kim and Mike so far.

Cant wait to see ahat the finale brings.

I can't believe the season is almost over.
Chuck is either going to die or have brain damage.

Maybe that'll be the catalyst for the transformation into Saul

One of my theories is that they are either dead (very unlikely in this more toned down world of Jimmy) or he breaks away from both and just forgets about them once he turns to Saul Goodman.

Or they're both alive and after BB, he lives with Kim while running a Cinnabon in Nebraska.
I've always thought Kim is going to die or get disbarred (and subsequently cut all ties) because of him.

When the show is about his "fall from grace" (he's always been somewhat of a scumbag but you get the point) and they devote so much time establishing a connection to someone, something is gonna happen to that person.

Chuck is a dull, self-righteous, judgmental cunt. He's an epitome of average web dweller. Had a couple of folks in family with similar qualities, can't say that I shed any tears when they checked out.

I'm liking Kim's turn to the dark side.

This all just makes me continously question why there was no mention of Kim or Chuck at all in BB. These are two very important people in Jimmy/Saul's life, you'd figure with him being in danger and going through hoops during the course of the BB series, they would have had some mention at one point. One of the qualms with having a "prequel", not everything was laid out to a T.

If they are still alive at the end, I'm guessing the bridges were completely and totally burned.

This all just makes me continously question why there was no mention of Kim or Chuck at all in BB. These are two very important people in Jimmy/Saul's life, you'd figure with him being in danger and going through hoops during the course of the BB series, they would have had some mention at one point. One of the qualms with having a "prequel", not everything was laid out to a T.

Saul didn't really talk about his past in BB. He only ever mentions anything about his family once and he might have been lying to try and make Walt feel better after hearing how his wife fucked Beneke - "I caught my second wife screwing my stepdad. OK? It's a cruel world, Walt. Grow up."

Great episode and great storytelling.

Love how Kim knows that Jimmy is willing to cut corners but still sides with him - i wonder what he does to ruin that relationship.

Well, he's almost ruined their relationship a couple times already. Various possibilities. Maybe Chuck dies, and Jimmy starts to feel a lot of guilt over it so he starts doing stupid and reckless things which drives Kim away. Maybe he gets involved with Nacho and/or Mike again and has to do some shady things for them. Kim finds out and leaves. Maybe it doesn't get ruined. Maybe she gets a major job offer elsewhere, and he gives her an ultimatum - him or the job and she takes the job, which would help push him into becoming Saul.

Tuco is going to use his lie detector on Nacho and kill him.

I think Nacho will be around for some time.

I like Kim... she makes me want to have sex with her. The show is good too

I can't believe the season is almost over.
Chuck is either going to die or have brain damage.

Maybe that'll be the catalyst for the transformation into Saul

This is what I've been waiting for, something to happen to Chuck and Jimmy blames himself for it and the transformation begins

This is what I've been waiting for, something to happen to Chuck and Jimmy blames himself for it and the transformation begins
Yeah but why would Chuck dying make him become Saul? Cheating and taking shortcuts would ostensibly be the reason for Chuck's death, so you'd think it'd make Jimmy go straight.

Yeah but why would Chuck dying make him become Saul? Cheating and taking shortcuts would ostensibly be the reason for Chuck's death, so you'd think it'd make Jimmy go straight.

I think having Chuck around is keeping "Saul" in check.
Remove that block, and Saul will be free!

They didn't write BB with the intention of making a prequel. This series is set a few years before BB starts. Why would Saul be talking about Kim and Chuck to the BB characters while he's trying to help them scheme and launder their money? There was almost no mention of Saul's personal life in BB so it's an open book for creativity.

Chuck is a dull, self-righteous, judgmental cunt. He's an epitome of average web dweller. Had a couple of folks in family with similar qualities, can't say that I shed any tears when they checked out.

Chuck is a genius straight-shooting lawyer, but he's jealous of Jimmy's ability to connect with people on a deeper level. Chuck only has law going for him. Jimmy, with his interpersonal skills and the law, may have been too much for Chuck to handle, especially when he's seen Jimmy as a screw up all his life. Chuck wanted his girlfriend to not like Jimmy, and was visibly troubled when she did like him. It's hard for family to see past the lifelong impression they have of a family member, especially in the case of a black sheep, as opposed to non-family.

Back