BETTER CALL SAUL: Season 4 Discussion (No Spoilers)

I got all of these, except for the newspaper one, because I don’t like to stop an episode or freezeframe until I rewatch it. Nice writeup though.

Sincerely,

Dork

You got the piano song reference? Bullshit!

You got the piano song reference? Bullshit!

Piano & cello piece, and yes. I was already a Faure fan, so I recognized it back when Chuck was playing it a few seasons ago.

Also I make my own soundtracks for shows & movies I like on my itunes, I usually get the official one and then find & add a bunch of stuff to it that they left off. My Kill Bill soundtrack for example, is like 60+ tracks.

I think he’s doing some heavy suppressing / denial. He certainly ain’t fine. (See: the rest of his life)
Hes certainly using Howards flagship of sharing the blame load.

But, if i recall correctly, Jimmy spoke of his brothers illness to some corporate guy, and then that guy contacted Howard, whom then kicked out Chuck. Shit, they even show it in the recap.

That said, I still felt a bit confused as to why Jimmy would feel better cuz Howard said what he said. To me, that would crystallize Jimmy's blame, not split it.

Hes certainly using Howards flagship of sharing the blame load.

But, if i recall correctly, Jimmy spoke of his brothers illness to some corporate guy, and then that guy contacted Howard, whom then kicked out Chuck. Shit, they even show it in the recap.

That said, I still felt a bit confused as to why Jimmy would feel better cuz Howard said what he said. To me, that would crystallize Jimmy's blame, not split it.

Yeah, Jimmy dropped the dime on Chuck re: the insurance, which Howard is saying set him off. (Even though I think it was Chuck treating Jimmy like shit that actually set himself off in the end.)

When Jimmy realized this, I think it could have been crystallized like you said, but right at that moment Howard took the blame, so Jimmy immediately jumped on that to free himself from his own guilt. Perception over reality, a fake smile wrapped in denial. Which is basically Saul Goodman in a nutshell. He’s making the transition more & more, arguably complete now.

Great episode. Really wonder what's going to happen with the cartel storyline. War is coming, but against who?

Jimmy is getting closer and closer to being Saul. Felt kinda bad for Howard. Howard's an alright dude, but he got caught in the feud of two shithead brothers. Poor dude.

I actually think Howard is a good guy too. Ya, sometimes he's a bit smug but so are most people who are high up in business. Overall I think he was very fair and even got stuck in the middle of the whole Chuck bullshit with Chuck's illness and Chuck telling Howard not to sign Jimmy. Howard is OK in my book.

In Reality with all the bullshit that happened in Breaking Bad. Jesse should have died and Saul also...

Are you one of those guys that wants to prove he was right with his theories?

It's not a theory. That's exactly what happened.

@Loiosh @BisexualMMA @Dizzy

Where my BCS regulars

Where u at motherfuckers

You guys watch the premiere, or are you wait-n-bingers

Didn't have a chance to watch any of the new season yet. I'll probably try to catch up in fairly short order, though I could see it slipping my mind until we're close enough to the end that I might wait and binge.

Off to a good start?

@Loiosh @BisexualMMA @Dizzy

Where my BCS regulars

Where u at motherfuckers

You guys watch the premiere, or are you wait-n-bingers

I watched it immediately, but I don't discuss shows on Sherdog until the season is over.

Too few opinions that are worth anything and too many people posting character spoilers from iMDB and the like.

Fucking loved the premiere though.

Off to a good start?

Just the premiere so far, but yeah. Best series currently running, in my opinion. (and I love GoT)

I don't discuss shows on Sherdog until the season is over.

Too few opinions that are worth anything

tumblr_mjcvbudZ751qidpvyo4_250.gif

Thought the episode was great. When Jimmy says “well Howard, that’s your cross to bear!” Kim’s face when he says that!!!
Like a baby bird that’s just pecked through the shell and is emerging, Saul is coming out!!!

The suspense with Nacho trying to ditch the pills. Then finally he can breathe a sigh of relief and chucks them into the water, then you realized he’s being tracked!

Thought the episode was great. When Jimmy says “well Howard, that’s your cross to bear!” Kim’s face when he says that!!!
Like a baby bird that’s just pecked through the shell and is emerging, Saul is coming out!!!

The suspense with Nacho trying to ditch the pills. Then finally he can breathe a sigh of relief and chucks them into the water, then you realized he’s being tracked!

How did they show him being tracked? I saw him throw the pills in the water but I must not have been paying attention after that.

How did they show him being tracked? I saw him throw the pills in the water but I must not have been paying attention after that.

??????? Did you just shut the tv off like immediately after he threw the pills in the water? WTF

We’ll see.

Who would Saul have testified against to put him in witness protection? Everyone in dead at the end of BB aside from Jesse, and I don’t think Saul would see a Jesse as a threat.

On topic, I sort of have an issue with the Lydia (sp) timeline -in BB by time she’s introduced in the show it’s pretty clear she has no idea who Mike is.. but now they’ve been introduced and Mike is name dropping her in random corporate offices while trying to tighten up security.

Imo they should be trying to wrap this show up this season or with one more season, I feel like the show is starting to drag out. There’s more than enough already to set up all the BB stuff and Jimmy becoming Saul.

Also, (I think I predicted this in other seasons) but I think Kim is going to fuck Jimmy over by way of cheating somehow.. or maybe she gets busted running one of those scams that Jimmy introduced her to and they showed her dabbling with on her own..

They showed a different screen shot when Nacho was tossing the pills off the bridge to show Gus’s guy tracking him after they showed the initial shot of Nacho on the bridge alone.

I like how they’re portraying the different levels of wisdom between certain characters -with Nacho, he’s street smart but his level of thinking and sophistication is well behind guys like Gus and Mike. He’s just not on that level, and this show does a great job of showing that. Nacho is one of my favorite characters in the show, I wish he had a bigger part in the show.

??????? Did you just shut the tv off like immediately after he threw the pills in the water? WTF

As soon as Nacho threw the pills in the water, my front door swung open and it was an LA dime asking me if I was a Sherdogger. I said yeah and everything after that was just a blur my man.

They showed a different screen shot when Nacho was tossing the pills off the bridge to show Gus’s guy tracking him after they showed the initial shot of Nacho on the bridge alone.

I like how they’re portraying the different levels of wisdom between certain characters -with Nacho, he’s street smart but his level of thinking and sophistication is well behind guys like Gus and Mike. He’s just not on that level, and this show does a great job of showing that. Nacho is one of my favorite characters in the show, I wish he had a bigger part in the show.

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering when Nacho was going to meet his maker. He's a bad guy but still a fairly likable character. Sounds like his time is coming to an end. Curious to see how it all goes down.

As soon as Nacho threw the pills in the water, my front door swung open and it was an LA dime asking me if I was a Sherdogger. I said yeah and everything after that was just a blur my man.

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering when Nacho was going to meet his maker. He's a bad guy but still a fairly likable character. Sounds like his time is coming to an end. Curious to see how it all goes down.
Yeah, and the dude who was tracking Nacho, was Victor, he was in Breaking Bad, remember the box cutter scene

Back