Who do you hate more?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Better-Call-Saul-American-Flag-Dragonlord.gif

Better Call Mike. Or at least that’s my idea of an even better show.

Jimmy’s story arc this season isn’t as strong as the first season. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still good and fun to follow but Jimmy hustling in the first season was more entertaining than watching him subconsciously sabotage the best gig he ever had in this season.

But the show really shines when they focus the story on Mike. Everything the character touches turns to gold. Mike deserves his own spinoff show.

I understand that some don’t like the slow pacing of the show, which is understandable, but I love the leisurely deliberate pacing and scrutiny to details.

Love all the supporting characters – Kim, Chuck, Howard, Nacho – and the occasional special appearances from other Breaking Bad characters. Really disliked Chuck and Howard in the first season but have grown to like both of them. Howard is admirable and a very stand up guy and I’ve grown to understand and empathize with the way Chuck treats Jimmy.

Sad that it's the season finale next week.

Link to previous thread:
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/115557537/

One of the best episodes of the series, maybe the best. I like Chuck, but I liked seeing him unravel in different ways in that episode - in court, getting put in his place by Kim, and his psychological condition kicking in and overwhelming him. The Mike scenes were great, too. Hell, all the scenes were great.

Amazing episode, man they really made this episode bittersweet, was great to see Chuck finally getting told off, but then he goes and gets fucked up at the end, which I don't think he deserved. Chuck isn't a bad guy, but its clear that he never wanted Jimmy to succeed and did anything to prevent it, pretty fucked up considering Jimmy still sticks around to take care of him even after all the bullshit Chuck pulls to try and sabotage Jimmy's success.

The Mike story is developing nicely, you don't fuck with his family, looks like there is a bit of a rivalry forming between Mike and Nacho, wonder how Nacho is gonna react when Mike ends up fucking up Hector permanently. Also that rifle in the next episode, wonder if Mike is actually gonna kill someone this time, its clear he didn't like when Nacho told him Hector kills the innocent person who found the truck driver. Or maybe he uses the rifle as a scare tactic which causes Hector to have a seizure, you can see in this episode when Mike was watching them in the restaurant that Hector got angry and had to take a pill in order to calm himself, he's clearly got health issues, Mike saw and knows. He's gonna do something to trigger it.

Damn, great episode! I thought this was the episode in which Mike was going after Hector, but it looks like that may happen in the next one.

Great episode.

All of the important aspects of the main characters were on display.

We saw, again, what a COWARD Chuck is because he tried to put the responsibility on Kim to report Saul (by handing them over to be her client), rather than making the call himself. Obviously Chuck has good qualities and was wronged here, but they work his cowardice in so subtly and with such detail.

Kim's speech to Chuck was great. That scene alone shows why she's the best female character this universe has had.

I haven't watched a single episode of this show. Is it worth checking out or do people pretend its better than it is because of Breaking Bad?

I'm not pretending, for what it's worth. I was hesitant to even give the show a try. I just assumed it would suck because it was a spinoff and that it would ride the coattails of Breaking Bad and live off of references. I didn't think Saul could have a compelling story before he crossed paths with Walter White, but he does.

I went in planning to quit on the show after an episode or two. If anything, I was biased against liking it.

If you try it, you may find that it's not be your thing. But it's far and away the best spinoff of anything I have ever seen on TV.

Great episode. Probably the best of the series so far. Johnathan Banks and Rhea Seehorn were absolutely brilliant. I love how the two of them manage to say so much without a single line of dialogue.

Best episode of the series. The first episode where both Mike and Saul's story lines were both fascinating.

Better-Call-Saul-American-Flag-Dragonlord.gif

Better Call Mike. Or at least that’s my idea of an even better show.

Jimmy’s story arc this season isn’t as strong as the first season. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still good and fun to follow but Jimmy hustling in the first season was more entertaining than watching him subconsciously sabotage the best gig he ever had in this season.

But the show really shines when they focus the story on Mike. Everything the character touches turns to gold. Mike deserves his own spinoff show.

I understand that some don’t like the slow pacing of the show, which is understandable, but I love the leisurely deliberate pacing and scrutiny to details.

Love all the supporting characters – Kim, Chuck, Howard, Nacho – and the occasional special appearances from other Breaking Bad characters. Really disliked Chuck and Howard in the first season but have grown to like both of them. Howard is admirable and a very stand up guy and I’ve grown to understand and empathize with the way Chuck treats Jimmy.

Sad that it's the season finale next week.

Link to previous thread:
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/115557537/
I wouldn't say Jimmy is subconsciously doing anything. He's well aware of every action he takes and that's what I've enjoyed most about him this season.

He's doing things his way. Last season was all about him pretending to fit into a mold that he doesn't.

It's weird having some of the feelings I do when I watch this show. One second I'm happy that Kim gets Mesa Verde back, then next I'm pissed at Jimmy and completely empathizing with Chuck. It throws me for loops from one scene to the next.

I really like Nacho. I wonder if he'll disappear next episode, Hector only has Tuco and the two cousins in Breaking Bad so something has to happen to him.

I did not see the previews but I have the feeling Jimmy is going to run back into the print shop to help Chuck.

I'm not pretending, for what it's worth. I was hesitant to even give the show a try. I just assumed it would suck because it was a spinoff and that it would ride the coattails of Breaking Bad and live off of references. I didn't think Saul could have a compelling story before he crossed paths with Walter White, but he does.

I went in planning to quit on the show after an episode or two. If anything, I was biased against liking it.

If you try it, you may find that it's not be your thing. But it's far and away the best spinoff of anything I have ever seen on TV.
obviously you never watched Beverly Hills Buntz...

I really like Nacho. I wonder if he'll disappear next episode, Hector only has Tuco and the two cousins in Breaking Bad so something has to happen to him.
I think he'll eventually break away from the Cartel. In BB, there was this scene in which Saul says something like: "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio", when he thought a guy named Lalo was after him. So I guess Ignacio will go do his own thing, maybe with Saul's help and he'll do something that will piss this Lalo guy off. Maybe Lalo is part of the Cartel as well, or a different one. Lot's of possible directions.

I did not see the previews but I have the feeling Jimmy is going to run back into the print shop to help Chuck.

I felt like he was going to wind up calling 911 anonymously, which will make Chuck wonder who called. Or he will have to suffer through watching it knowing he can't do anything, and Chuck will be fine. Everyone knows it's psychological at this point.

I felt like he was going to wind up calling 911 anonymously, which will make Chuck wonder who called. Or he will have to suffer through watching it knowing he can't do anything, and Chuck will be fine. Everyone knows it's psychological at this point.
Slamming your head against the edge of a counter isn't exactly psychological.

seriously he mashes his head proper on that counter. I think you can even see some blood splatter. I really have the feeling Jimmy is going to bolt in there and save him, thus ruining the blackmail of Lance. It's Jimmy's ultimate tragedy this show. You know things won't work out relationship wise between he and both Kim and Chuck. It is in Jimmy's character to step up and do the right thing in the end I think.

3 minutes in and Mike is now apparently a mutant that can appear suddenly out of clear, unobstructed desert to having a gun in your face the second you turn around.

Back