BETTER CALL SAUL Discussion Thread v.3

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters
I like Kim... she makes me want to have sex with her. The show is good too

Really, she does nothing for me. She's a good ballast for Jimmy, doe, and definitely the most likeable female in the BB universe.

Really, she does nothing for me. She's a good ballast for Jimmy, doe, and definitely the most likeable female in the BB universe.

I've found Kim more attractive as the show goes on. That's good writing and acting.

Jimmy and Chuck are both right in their own way and they are even more wrong in their own way. They both need to learn that means don't justify an end. They have an amazing dynamic.

Amazing episode, man they really made this episode bittersweet, was great to see Chuck finally getting told off, but then he goes and gets fucked up at the end, which I don't think he deserved. Chuck isn't a bad guy, but its clear that he never wanted Jimmy to succeed and did anything to prevent it, pretty fucked up considering Jimmy still sticks around to take care of him even after all the bullshit Chuck pulls to try and sabotage Jimmy's success.

The Mike story is developing nicely, you don't fuck with his family, looks like there is a bit of a rivalry forming between Mike and Nacho, wonder how Nacho is gonna react when Mike ends up fucking up Hector permanently. Also that rifle in the next episode, wonder if Mike is actually gonna kill someone this time, its clear he didn't like when Nacho told him Hector kills the innocent person who found the truck driver. Or maybe he uses the rifle as a scare tactic which causes Hector to have a seizure, you can see in this episode when Mike was watching them in the restaurant that Hector got angry and had to take a pill in order to calm himself, he's clearly got health issues, Mike saw and knows. He's gonna do something to trigger it.

If anything the show is showing us that Chuck is right and Jimmy eventually does screw everything up and takes everyone else down with him. He lost his dad his business, he screwed the firm that went out of their way to help him, he got his girlfriend demoted and now he has screwed over his own brother.

If anything the show is showing us that Chuck is right and Jimmy eventually does screw everything up and takes everyone else down with him. He lost his dad his business, he screwed the firm that went out of their way to help him, he got his girlfriend demoted and now he has screwed over his own brother.

Yes Jimmy can be a fuck up and I do think by the end of this show he either ends up pushing everyone away or gets them killed in some way. However, Chuck is no saint and it shows he's a jealous prick who has no problem trying to sabotage Jimmy's success.

The whole losing his dad's business is hardly true, if you recall from the flashback, his dad was a horrible business man, giving things away or leaving the place unguarded so people had a chance to steal, letting everyone take advantage of him. That business was going down anyway. Jimmy taking money was besides the point, people were stealing it anyways, so he just took some for himself. Jimmy is more of a case of trying to do the right thing, but things end up going wrong in some way because he isn't afraid to break rules.

I can see how things go down already. Kim gets disbarred, or maybe not, but either way she ends up going back to that little midwestern town she mentioned to Schweikart & Cokely. Jimmy, after the events in BB, moves to Omaha to be nearby her and reconnect.

Jimmy went too far in the last episode, that was far worse than anything Chuck has done to Jimmy imo

He has no boundaries, that will be his undoing

Mike is awesome, great character, really well written

Kim's speech to Chuck was great. That scene alone shows why she's the best female character this universe has had.
it just occured to me that every female character in the Breaking Bad universe is a naggy bitch or a distracting annoyance, aside from that German chemical dealer and now Kim Wexler. I didnt like her in the first season, but she has been owning her role with phenomenal performances. You can literally see her growth as an actor each episode.

Jimmy went too far in the last episode, that was far worse than anything Chuck has done to Jimmy imo

He has no boundaries, that will be his undoing

Mike is awesome, great character, really well written
Chuck is a bitch. I was happy he hit his head. Dude thinks he knows every damn thing. Probably why his wife left him. He even makes me like Howard who I can't stand

it just occured to me that every female character in the Breaking Bad universe is a naggy bitch or a distracting annoyance, aside from that German chemical dealer and now Kim Wexler. I didnt like her in the first season, but she has been owning her role with phenomenal performances. You can literally see her growth as an actor each episode.

I've said exactly that same thing. It was my biggest criticism of Breaking Bad.

Last edited:
Totally disagree with the OP, loving the Saul storyline this season, and Chuck is a complete douchebag.

That was the most realistic element to the show.

Skyler is one of the most absurdly hated characters I've seen. She was awesome in the 1st few episodes of the show. She was nice & loved Walt and her family, seemed like a great wife, and out of his league. She only starts 'nagging' when her husband starts leaving and destroying his family to make crystal meth. Lol.

Enjoyed Kim in this episode. Watching her struggle with her morality. She knows Jimmy most likely did what Chuck accuses him of, but she still defends him. She wants that Mesa Verde contract badly. Just her angry look in the car and then starts hammering Jimmy's shoulder, with the Mesa Verde files loaded into the car. Great conflicted acting on her part.

Then later, without mentioning the whole scheme that Jimmy pulled, starts her comments to warn him that he better have covered everything. Can't remember her exact lines, but how she mentions how great a lawyer Chuck is, how he would be a powerful adversary, and how Jimmy would need to cover all his bases if he were to ever go up against Chuck.

Then Jimmy, without a word, gets up out of bed and you just hear him grabbing his car keys.

She's a a good woman.

Celebrity-Style-Rhea-Seehorn-Better-Call-Saul-31.jpg

Kim was already very shaky about being in business with Jimmy, just because of his slippin' ways, when she finds out that Chuck got hurt as an indirect result of her telling Jimmy to tie up loose ends, she will probably freak out.

Well she'd be massively hypocritical.

Not only did she defend Jimmy when she knew what he did to Chuck so she could get Mesa Verde back, she also suggested that Jimmy make sure he ties up any loose ends which led him back to the copy place and ultimately what happened to Chuck.

Well she'd be massively hypocritical.

Not only did she defend Jimmy when she knew what he did to Chuck so she could get Mesa Verde back, she also suggested that Jimmy make sure he ties up any loose ends which led him back to the copy place and ultimately what happened to Chuck.
I don't think she did that just for Mesa Verde, I think she did it for Jimmy. I think there is a part of her that does want to defend him the way he defended her.

Last edited:
I don't she did that just for Mesa Verde, I think she did it for Jimmy. I think there is a part of her that does want to defend him the way he defended her.
Not just for that but it was absolutely a huge part of it. She looks the other way because of her feelings for Jimmy and her desire for that contract.

Kim could have told Mesa Verde that she could no longer be their counsel without getting into major specifics but she chose not to. She kept the client and then told Jimmy he needs to cover his tracks. That tells me all I need to know about her intentions.

She's as complicit in this as Jimmy is when it comes to what's happened to Chuck.

Back