BETTER CALL SAUL Discussion Thread v.3

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters
3 minutes in and Mike is now apparently a mutant that can appear suddenly out of clear, unobstructed desert to having a gun in your face the second you turn around.

Are you talking about the scene where he and his car were hidden behind a billboard?

I may have missed a fake moment.

Last edited:
3 minutes in and Mike is now apparently a mutant that can appear suddenly out of clear, unobstructed desert to having a gun in your face the second you turn around.

Everything was 100% realistic up until that scene...

Great episode and great storytelling.

Love how Kim knows that Jimmy is willing to cut corners but still sides with him - i wonder what he does to ruin that relationship.

Chuck either is RIP or will never fully come back from head injuries. My money is that Ernesto spreads rumors about Jimmy / Chuck saga and that, coupled with what will happen between him and kim will be the catalyst for the Jimmy into Saul story.

Mike is Mike - only thing that was missing was him eating a sandwich while staking out Hector

Tuco is going to use his lie detector on Nacho and kill him.

What?

He's hiding in the bushes further down from the parked car and billboard. The guy crashes close to his location already. He sneaks up and puts a gun to his head.

I'm liking Kim's turn to the dark side.

This all just makes me continously question why there was no mention of Kim or Chuck at all in BB. These are two very important people in Jimmy/Saul's life, you'd figure with him being in danger and going through hoops during the course of the BB series, they would have had some mention at one point. One of the qualms with having a "prequel", not everything was laid out to a T.

I'm liking Kim's turn to the dark side.

This all just makes me continously question why there was no mention of Kim or Chuck at all in BB. These are two very important people in Jimmy/Saul's life, you'd figure with him being in danger and going through hoops during the course of the BB series, they would have had some mention at one point. One of the qualms with having a "prequel", not everything was laid out to a T.

There is no Jimmy or life of Jimmy in Sauls world.

He has proven he can stick to a scheme; totally commit himself to it.

Hewnce why he didnt open the emergency door when stuck in the garbage room. He rather suffer than break his scheme

Are you talking about the scene where he and his car were hidden behind a billboard?

I may have missed a fake moment.

You missed nothing.

Mike wasn't behind the billboard, his car was.

Mike was behind a bush fairly distant from the car, and when the car drew the target's attention, Mike came up from behind. Mike set up the pulley so he could draw the trap across from an unexpected angle. It was awesomely choreographed.

14lhk3m.png

I recommend that people complain less and pay more attention.

What?

He's hiding in the bushes further down from the parked car and billboard. The guy crashes close to his location already. He sneaks up and puts a gun to his head.

You strike me as someone who pays attention.

I'll be honest, it's pretty hard when there aren't boobs and/or explosions on screen.

Don't be thinking I'm not fond of those things.

Love how Kim knows that Jimmy is willing to cut corners but still sides with him - i wonder what he does to ruin that relationship.

He's going to go way too far.

Look how dirty he is in Breaking Bad.

What?

That doesn't explain how a guy looks towards open space, turns his head the other way for a second and now all of a sudden has a gun pointed at him. Let's not be naive. This is a clear tactic the film makers are using. Pan in, get a close shot so you don't have to explain how the other guy got there.

That doesn't explain how a guy looks towards open space, turns his head the other way for a second and now all of a sudden has a gun pointed at him. Let's not be naive. This is a clear tactic the film makers are using. Pan in, get a close shot so you don't have to explain how the other guy got there.
Nah, pay attention next time. He never looks behind him. He's focused on the empty car in front and Mike creeps up behind him from his hiding spot in the bushes.

You missed nothing.

Mike wasn't behind the billboard, his car was.

Mike was behind a bush fairly distant from the car, and when the car drew the target's attention, Mike came up from behind. Mike set up the pulley so he could draw the trap across from an unexpected angle. It was awesomely choreographed.

14lhk3m.png

I recommend that people complain less and pay more attention.
All that makes sense until you watch it. The timing, the lack of awareness, it didn't add up. Sorry.

Thank you. The bush isn't 5 feet away. And he gets out of the truck facing the bush with his back always against the truck, never completely turns his back on the bush, it's dead silent... You're just making my point.

Thank you. The bush isn't 5 feet away. And he gets out of the truck facing the bush with his back always against the truck, never completely turns his back on the bush, it's dead silent... You're just making my point.
giphy.gif

There is no Jimmy or life of Jimmy in Sauls world.

He has proven he can stick to a scheme; totally commit himself to it.

Hewnce why he didnt open the emergency door when stuck in the garbage room. He rather suffer than break his scheme
One of my theories is that they are either dead (very unlikely in this more toned down world of Jimmy) or he breaks away from both and just forgets about them once he turns to Saul Goodman.

Or they're both alive and after BB, he lives with Kim while running a Cinnabon in Nebraska.

Back