Bethesda or Rockstar?

Bethesda or Rockstar?

• Total voters
The character and stories in Rockstar games are way more realistic and interesting than Bethesda. There's no comparison. The characters in Bethesda games are just quest givers.
more realistic? No shit you got games based in the "real world" doing "real world shit" and then you got games made in a fantasy world of sword and magic or one set in a futuristic post apocalyptic wasteland. As for the npc in the Fallout universe or Elder Scrolls universe just being quest givers STFU not everyone is Preston Garvey plus what you think all the npc in RDR or GTA are. With the amount of money and time Rockstar had to work on RDR2 you'd think it would be like some kind of huge western epic but it's just some half assed prequel to RDR1.

more realistic? No shit you got games based in the "real world" doing "real world shit" and then you got games made in a fantasy world of sword and magic or one set in a futuristic post apocalyptic wasteland. As for the npc in the Fallout universe or Elder Scrolls universe just being quest givers STFU not everyone is Preston Garvey plus what you think all the npc in RDR or GTA are. With the amount of money and time Rockstar had to work on RDR2 you'd think it would be like some kind of huge western epic but it's just some half assed prequel to RDR1.

Realistic as in acting like real people and being memorable characters, not the specific setting. For as big as Skyrim is, none of the NPCs are memorable or make an impact. And the same goes for most of their games. Its just something they aren't good at.

Rockstar on the other hand has too many memorable characters to name. Even the radio DJs are fleshed out. Lol Lazlow is a more developed character than any character in any Bethesda game ever.

And fantasy isn't an excuse. The Witcher does characters and story really well.

Realistic as in acting like real people and being memorable characters, not the specific setting. For as big as Skyrim is, none of the NPCs are memorable or make an impact. And the same goes for most of their games. Its just something they aren't good at.

Rockstar on the other hand has too many memorable characters to name. Even the radio DJs are fleshed out. Lol Lazlow is a more developed character than any character in any Bethesda game ever.

And fantasy isn't an excuse. The Witcher does characters and story really well.
you must not have played too much into skyrim or only played skyrim and nothing else.

Two behemoths in the gaming industry. Both specialize in open world gaming but play very differently. Who would you choose if you could only get games from one? GTA and RDR? Or TES and Fallout?

@TeTe can you add a poll with neither being a third option?

Speaking of Behemoth. What the fuck ever happened to the devs of Castle Crashers? They release Battleground Theater after so many years and that's it? Biggest dev disappoint ever.

Speaking of Behemoth. What the fuck ever happened to the devs of Castle Crashers? They release Battleground Theater after so many years and that's it? Biggest dev disappoint ever.

You mean Battleblock Theatre? Also they just released a game this year.

Its called Pit People.

I don't see the hype for Bethesda. They have become a greedy company in a short amount of time and there games seem to be taking steps backwards. Fallout 4 was a far cry from New Vegas or even 3 imo, all the rpg elements were gutted from it and we got some half assed mine craft building in exchange, it was an action shooter with building.

I used to love Bethesda and a few years ago before fallout 4 I definitely would've considered them being better than rockstar. But now? No fucking way. RDR 2 is a defining game for this generation of gaming, it outshines anything Bethesda will achieve in many years unless they sort their shit out.

Could you imagine if they gutted all the RPG elements from the next elder scrolls like they did fallout and exchange it with some shitty half assed building system? All hell would break loose amongst their fanbase imo. Not to mention Fallout 76 is going to be complete trash too, Rockstar takes time and puts effort into there games, something I feel Bethesda hasn't done in many years.

If you are voting Bethesda you are a fucking tool.

Bethesda has made it clear they don’t give a fuck about their fan base, and are going to milk you idiots dry.

Bethesda is shady as fuck and you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s let them get away with it

They are definitely making that clear with the creation club and fallout 76 being filled with microtransactions. They made a shitty soulless game with 76 hoping they could hit the jackpot like Rockstar did with their gta v online and fortnite and all these other games. Rockstar at least has the dignity to release a game that's worth purchasing instead of stuffing a microtransaction filled bug riddled mess in your face simply for money.

I'm not defending what rockstar does with microtransactions either, they're quite ridiculous. Just simply stating they are solid games and I feel I get my money's worth without even playing the online portion.

Gonna say Bethesda at this point in my life. I've played more hours of Vice City and San Andreas than I care to count, but after GTA IV it's like a switch turned off in my brain and I just want nothing to do with the franchise any more. Losing Red Dead would be a real kick in the head though. There are so many goddamn adventures between the Elder Scrolls and Fallout, there just hasn't been a knockout in a while and Bethesda really needs swing for the fences. They've had three big-time games to find out what people like and what they don't in these games.

Gonna say Bethesda at this point in my life. I've played more hours of Vice City and San Andreas than I care to count, but after GTA IV it's like a switch turned off in my brain and I just want nothing to do with the franchise any more. Losing Red Dead would be a real kick in the head though. There are so many goddamn adventures between the Elder Scrolls and Fallout, there just hasn't been a knockout in a while and Bethesda really needs swing for the fences. They've had three big-time games to find out what people like and what they don't in these games.

And they still fuck up royally with this game that is Fallout 76.

And they still fuck up royally with this game that is Fallout 76.
I actually kind of liked the idea at it's core. The problem is that a big part of Fallout is the small scale stories you encounter and the moral decisions that result. Just tossing a bunch of assholes into an online sandbox is a massive deviation from that. If they made a game that was a true MMO, with people following a bunch of different quest lines and coming into conflict because of them, I'd be intrigued. I really don't know what they were thinking with 76 though. I guess "we've got this engine, how do we make it seem like a new game?"

Thats too bad cause GTA Online is amazing. I've spent hundreds of hours playing it.

Too busy running newgrounds, a dead flash site from the 90s.

you must not have played too much into skyrim or only played skyrim and nothing else.

I played more Skyrim than I ever need to play again. I sunk even more time into Morrowind. Not as much into Oblivion but over 100 hours for sure. All the games suffer the same issue: lack of memorable characters, no character development, non-engaging story. It wasn't a big deal back then but Morrowind was a long time ago and gaming has evolved a lot since then. Fallout 4 shows Bethesda hasn't. Rockstar gets bigger and better with each game, adds even more features. Bethesda just gets bigger and takes features away.

BTW a big part of the reason Bethesda has so little memorable characters is because they keep reusing the same voices and dialogue. No one has anything interesting to say nor are they properly emoted. Even back in the GTA III days, GTA had fully voiced NPCs with big personalities and unique voices who you got to know over the course of the game.

Last edited:
Too busy running newgrounds, a dead flash site from the 90s.

giphy.gif

Back