Bethesda or Rockstar?

Bethesda or Rockstar?

• Total voters
Bethesda did FO3 and FO4

Obsidian did FO: New Vegas

Interplay did FO1

Black Isle did FO2
Yeah I know I meant that it wasn’t their game originally and didn’t do one and two but bought the company later and now fallout “is Bethesda” but not originally.

We were on the same page, I just might not have expressed it effectively

They didn’t develop fallout either, was another developer they purchased originally can’t remeber who it was though.

Black something games or some shit like that.
Right, wasn't until fallout 3 I think that it became their own.

Bethesda because i stopped enjoying GTA after San Andreas

Lol at all these votes for Bugthesda. A shell of their former selves. You guys must be living in the past with rose tinted glasses.

Its mostly just mad PC gamers cause they can't play RDR2.

Fallout 76 is a joke and RDR2 is the best game of 2018.

Poll shouldn't be this close.

The only good Bugthesda game to come out in the last few years is DOOM and Wolfenstein. And they were just the publishers. ID were the devs.

Lol at all these votes for Bugthesda. A shell of their former selves. You guys must be living in the past with rose tinted glasses.

The only good Bugthesda game to come out in the last few years is DOOM and Wolfenstein. And they were just the publishers. ID were the devs.
Not sure why you're so worked up about this. Fallout 4, while generally thought of as a disappointment in some ways was still a good game and very successful. I don't know how you can call Fallout 76 a joke when it's not even out yet. Skyrim is one of the best games of the decade. I count two significant games from both companies this decade. Skyrim, GTAV, Fallout 4, and Red Dead Redemption 2. As to which two of those games I'd pick it would be a difficult choice. If I could only pick two from a single publisher it would probably be Bethesda.

You ever think that maybe since the poll is close that you're wrong?

Last edited:
Not sure why you're so worked up about this. Fallout 4, while generally thought of a disappointment in some ways was still a good game and very successful. I don't know how you can call Fallout 76 a joke when it's not even out yet. Skyrim is one of the best games of the decade. I count two significant games from both companies this decade. Skyrim, GTAV, Fallout 4, and Red Dead Redemption. As to which two of those games I'd pick it would be a difficult choice. If I could only pick two from a single publisher it would probably be Bethesda.

He seems to be very caught up on being on his “team.” Weird little tribalism thing going on, otherwise known as fanboyism.

RDR 2 is garbage it's nothing but a giant tutorial to get players ready for online play

I hate the way Rockstar games control and play. They have a lot of good concepts and ideas, but the gameplay is so stiff, shooting and driving are terrible. Saints Row had open world tps gunplay nearly perfect a long time ago and drifting built into their driving mechanics.
Bethesda sticks with first person perspectives and they are well known for their bugs, so they haven't changed things up much either. Outside of Elder Scrolls and Fallout they excel, but The Evil Within 2 is the only open world game they have done in that area in a long time (and that was made by an outside Japanese team).
Tough to choose as neither makes my favorite open world stuff.

You think Saints Row has better driving than GTA? Lol

Pretty much this.

RDR1 is my goat game.

But since XB1 and PS4 came out I quit consoles and went PC only worst choice ever because COD sucks on PC nobody plays it but hackers and kb/mouse elitists so I have no chance if I just want to chill on my couch and play cod

You literally cant just kick back on the couch and play COD on PC you have to sit at some jackass desk hunched over a keyboard getting scoliosis

And try playing GTA Online on PC now. The hacks are so bad, this one hacker made it so I couldnt do shit, and then when I when back to single player he reached through the internet and fucked my shit up there too

I wont be surprised when Rockstar decide to just not fuck with a PC version of RDR2 at all

Literally my worst choice ever was building a gaming PC

Skyrim > RDR2

I have played both.

so you're a magpie oh look how shiny this is I must have it. I would rather live in one of the rockstar worlds though because dealing with fev subjects, deathclaws, dragons and daedra would be a pain in the ass.

The character and stories in Rockstar games are way more realistic and interesting than Bethesda. There's no comparison. The characters in Bethesda games are just quest givers.

Neither. Ubisoft has been the best dev the past four years. Bethesda games appeal to fat smelly basement dwellers who think hideous PS3 graphics and bug/glitch filled gameplay doesn’t outweigh “world building” and vats. Rockstar in their attempt to be “mature” has created some of the most dullest, bland games this gen. Once you get past the sheer vastness of their worlds, their gameplay, mechanics and shitty controls are on full display.

some of you guys are waaay to emotionally attached to gamestudios

some of you guys are waaay to emotionally attached to gamestudios
It's not really worth getting heated over. As long as they keep putting out good games I'm happy.

It's an interesting question because I typically have major issues with games from both studios. I'm never entirely happy after the game is finished even though I won't be dissatisfied to the extent that I regret a playthrough, but I'm usually left thinking that a given game would be so much better if they'd focused more on one thing or another.

With that in mind, I'd probably pick Rockstar because one of their biggest strengths is one of Bethesda's biggest weaknesses: storytelling.

Some truly retarded opinions expressed in this thread

Neither. Ubisoft has been the best dev the past four years. Bethesda games appeal to fat smelly basement dwellers who think hideous PS3 graphics and bug/glitch filled gameplay doesn’t outweigh “world building” and vats. Rockstar in their attempt to be “mature” has created some of the most dullest, bland games this gen. Once you get past the sheer vastness of their worlds, their gameplay, mechanics and shitty controls are on full display.
My ancestors are smiling on me, fanboy. Can you say the same?

Not sure why you're so worked up about this. Fallout 4, while generally thought of as a disappointment in some ways was still a good game and very successful. I don't know how you can call Fallout 76 a joke when it's not even out yet. Skyrim is one of the best games of the decade. I count two significant games from both companies this decade. Skyrim, GTAV, Fallout 4, and Red Dead Redemption 2. As to which two of those games I'd pick it would be a difficult choice. If I could only pick two from a single publisher it would probably be Bethesda.

Who says I am worked up? Quite the opposite. I find this thread hilarious.

Back