Bethesda or Rockstar?

Bethesda or Rockstar?

• Total voters
The glitch thing aside, it's hard for me to pick. Like others mentioned they're both great in their own right.

I put 412 hours into FO4 and 256 into Skyrim. I do like the open world and customizing of their games a little more.

But Rockstar games have great stories and attention to detail. I've put an ungodly amount of time into rdr1 and GTA V

Great game, that gets a lot of unwarranted fanboy hate. Played it just a little while ago. Still awesome.
Wish they'd bring it to Xbox one BC. That game was incredible. Doesn't even need upscaling or remastering, it can hold its own against this gen.

Great game, that gets a lot of unwarranted fanboy hate. Played it just a little while ago. Still awesome.

I wish they kept the bullet impact, body physics system for GTA V's engine. That engine lacked so many of the nitty gritty details from the euphoria engine in IV, RDR and MP3.

I enjoy Elder Scrolls and Fallout a little more than GTA so I will go with Bethesda. I did spend countless hours playing Red Dead Redemption and I look forward to playing Read Dead 2.

I don't like GTA, but love RDR. I don't like Fallout, but love TES.

I think I love TES more. Bethesda for me.

Rockstar all the way. Their controls may not be "ideal", but their world building is getting better and better. I'd actually rather live in one of their worlds than Bethesda's.
so you're a magpie oh look how shiny this is I must have it. I would rather live in one of the rockstar worlds though because dealing with fev subjects, deathclaws, dragons and daedra would be a pain in the ass.

I wish they kept the bullet impact, body physics system for GTA V's engine. That engine lacked so many of the nitty gritty details from the euphoria engine in IV, RDR and MP3.

Yeah, I like GTA V, but if you've ever seen one of those comparison vids about the engine compared to GTA 4's, its rather embarrassing at how dumbed down GTA V was in that regard.

Rockstar's the only constant. Bethesda makes mostly great games, but also plays it safe and tends to have tons of bugs. With a R* SP you know 100% you'll get quality and not playing it safe...actually usually the opposite which other open-world games copy up until the next R* release.

Is Bethesda.net as annoying as Rockstar Social Club?

If you are voting Bethesda you are a fucking tool.

Bethesda has made it clear they don’t give a fuck about their fan base, and are going to milk you idiots dry.

Bethesda is shady as fuck and you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s let them get away with it

I’ve never put as much time into a Rockstar game as I did Skyrim. I’ve also never given a shit about any other Bethesda game outside of Skyrim.

Going with Rockstar.

Rockstar right now. Fallout 4 left a lot to be desired and Bethesda haven’t produced a single player Elder Scrolls game in 7 years. I might also add that “Blades” was supposed to be released “Fall 2018” and I haven’t heard anything regarding a release date.

Not to mention I’m sure they will revamp the shit out of Blades to make as much money as possible before even sniffing TES 6.

Yeah, I like GTA V, but if you've ever seen one of those comparison vids about the engine compared to GTA 4's, its rather embarrassing at how dumbed down GTA V was in that regard.

I loved GTA IV, just roaming around the town, messing with people. Lots of dynamic shit happened in that world between the characters. In V, walk up to someone and they get angry and walk away, every time. Stupid.

Is Bethesda.net as annoying as Rockstar Social Club?
seeing how Fallout 76 is going to have a Bethesda Launcher on PC I'm sure it'll be worse and if they mix in the BS they did with the mods towards the end of FO4 it will for sure. Then again FO3 on the PC worked just fine and as soon as they teamed up with Steam for FONV a typical buggy game even more so.

Two behemoths in the gaming industry. Both specialize in open world gaming but play very differently. Who would you choose if you could only get games from one? GTA and RDR? Or TES and Fallout?

@TeTe can you add a poll with neither being a third option?
I voted Bethesda, but only because of the ID purchase.

If the question had been pre 2008, vote would have gone for rockstar.

There are no Bethesda games I’ve ever even played pre 2008 and the ID merger.

Are we talking developed or published? Because Bethesda didn't develop any of those games you listed aside from Fallout.
They didn’t develop fallout either, was another developer they purchased originally can’t remeber who it was though.

Black something games or some shit like that.

No writing, plot or characters in Fallout? Bro...

Not in the Bethesda Fallout's bro

FO1 and FO2 are definitely classics, for the record

Last edited:
They didn’t develop fallout either, was another developer they purchased originally can’t remeber who it was though.

Black something games or some shit like that.

Bethesda did FO3 and FO4

Obsidian did FO: New Vegas

Interplay did FO1

Black Isle did FO2

Back