Bethesda announcement incoming...it's Fallout 76

I hope this game fails terribly if only to get Bethesda off of this MMO bulkshit and at least try to match Rockstar’s growing mastery of open world single player games.

Since Skyrim CD Project Red and Rockstar (soon to be twice now) have upped the ante and all Bethesda has done is be nearly as lazy as Ubisoft.

I'm going to sit this one out and see how the feedback is. I really loved FO3 and NV, but after FO4 I was kinda like "Well, that was the exact same as the other two".

I mean, I get the "Don't fix it if it's not broken" thing, but I could literally replay FO3 and get the same satisfaction as I did from FO4.

Anyways I am curious to see how this whole online only thing goes. I always wanted to be able to link up with friends and do missions together, but with what they have planned it sounds like they're moving from Single player and full NPCs, over to Multiplayer and Zero NPCs... Not what I would have tabled at the design meetings, personally.

Not even MMO scale, sadly. 24 players in a server, max.
giphy.gif

Thought my game was preloaded found out Xbox sent me a message for the beta now I have to install it and wait.

Have they announced any other dates? My only days off this week are Wednesday and Thursday.

I will probably skip this fallout title. The lack of NPCs in a RPG game concerns me. They could have just turned it into another battle royale.

Watched some streaming beta last night. It looked alright. I didn't think not having a story or npcs would bother me since I don't tend to get into videogames stories that much anyways but the game did seem a little bland and boring without it.

Last edited:
I can't believe they didn't include NPC's in this. It's understandable to not have established large factions, as the timeframe doesn't really allow societies out there, but they could have included more human quest givers in the vault. There could be Enclave bases that open their doors too, and other vaults to discover/interact with.

It would be cool to have quests that let us see the origins of Fallout 3's factions, as we're so close to DC

I like finding terminals with lore/story elements in other Fallout games, but without NPC's, I have a feeling this game will feel like it's missing purpose.

Here’s the dumbest question you’ll read today.

NPC just refers to non played characters like factions, Nick valentine etc. It doesn’t refer to enemies does it?

Here’s the dumbest question you’ll read today.

NPC just refers to non played characters like factions, Nick valentine etc. It doesn’t refer to enemies does it?
I think in this case it refers to anything that can speak and/or doesn't necessarily attack you on sight. So human-like enemies would fall into that category apparently. The only human-like characters you will cross paths with in this game are other players.

Watched some streaming beta last night. It looked alright. I didn't think not having a story or npcs would bother me since I don't tend to get into videogames stories that much anyways but the game did seem a little bland and boring without it.
Graphically it looks like shit.

Graphically it looks like shit.
Hard to tell watching it on my phone but yeah FO4 was not a great looking game in 2015 and this is running on the same engine, so hopes are not high.

Skipping this. They really dropped the ball here. Should have made Fallout 5 instead. Single player is the only way the Wasteland is meant to be enjoyed.

On the beta play throughs I’ve seen the graphics look like dookie. Gonna buy RDR2 instead.

Damn that trailer DarkKnight81 posted makes it look awesome tbh.

I feel Bethesda just doesn't want people to play the game.

Back