Bethe Correia vs. Irene Aldana Added to UFC 227 in Los Angeles

Who Wins?

• Total voters
How has Bethe not been cut yet ?

WMMA...

I don't know, maybe because of the winning record and her losses being to two world champs and a recent title challenger, something like that I guess.

Yay!

I am hoping for a repeat of this one.

ImperfectDizzyEyas-size_restricted.gif

People think Bethe is a terrible fighter in reality she is a excellent counterstiker, imo better than Holly Holm. If she had power she would be a monster, unfortunately she doesn't. Regardless I give her an excellent shot at beating Aldana.

Bethe looks awkward at times but she usually makes it a scrap. She has a good record, good counterstriking. Aldana has good striking, disciplined distance control, excellent cardio. If you look at her last fight, her grappling & clinch work have improved. I like Aldana in this one.

It’s a pick-em. 10-3-1 record vs 8-4, both with wins over Jessamyn Duke/Peggy Morgan- level fighters but losses to anyone remotely relevant/competitive. I thought Reneau won the fight with Correia, which makes Bethe’s record 1-4 over last 2 years (1-3-1 if you agree it was a draw). Aldana is 2-2 over last 2 years, so (Goldberg voice) “virtually identical”.

I don't know, maybe because of the winning record and her losses being to two world champs and a recent title challenger, something like that I guess.
If someone like Bethe can have.a winning record that says everything you need to know about WMMA really.

Also she is 4-3-1 in the ufc. Saying she has a winning record isn’t saying much now is it ?

irene is gonna look very pretty next to bethe

but also very flat

How is Bethe still employed by the UFC?

Her fights are the absolute worst. Her vs Eye was downright Kimbo/Dada levels of embarrassing. I'd rather watch Prime Fitch.

Dont know nothing about aldana,but if shes just a run of the mill wmma fighter,this fight i rather not be on the main card,and i support wmma. Bethe is almost always stinking up the octagon.

She had a fight of night with Leslie Smith like a year ago on the prelims of a UFC PPV. She's a good young prospect. Has some work to do, especially in the grappling department, but she has a lot of potential I reckon. Had some fun fights and impressive finishes in Invicta.

I'm a fan of Bethe now after watching all of her fights again. She's clumsy and goofy, but still comes to bang and with a good chin. She still beat some notable fighters with much better skills & techniques. I'd take clumsy + goofy over "ish ish ish" + running away, any day.

I'm a fan of Bethe now after watching all of her fights again. She's clumsy and goofy, but still comes to bang and with a good chin. She still beat some notable fighters with much better skills & techniques. I'd take clumsy + goofy over "ish ish ish" + running away, any day.
She tries.

Its just like she kills herself to squeeze out a C + match lol

Back