bestmma shinguards

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i know iv made a bunch of threads lately. but i wana make sure i get the best and lots of companys have closed down so cant get the old best. so far i read a review saying the best mma shins are the venum kontact evo shins 47 bucks on amazon. good price but tbh the look of them makes me a bit skeptical.

the normal shinguards usually have issues coming loose, and don't stay on with takedowns ect so the sock style mma shins are the go to i guess i dont have much experience with shinguards tbh since iv just sued cheap models but what do you guys prefer

Iv had the top kin shin guards for around 2 years and they've held up amazing. A little cracking but theyre leather so to a degree i expected it. They rarely unvelcro and never unloop. They slip maybe once or twice in an hour and half class/sparring with takedowns. Only pair iv owned as well though

Iv had the top kin shin guards for around 2 years and they've held up amazing. A little cracking but theyre leather so to a degree i expected it. They rarely unvelcro and never unloop. They slip maybe once or twice in an hour and half class/sparring with takedowns. Only pair iv owned as well though

i just always disliked shinguards wrapping them up always slipping having to adjust its annoying so id prefer the sock type but if they can really hold up with takedowns i hate anything to move when sparring

i just always disliked shinguards wrapping them up always slipping having to adjust its annoying so id prefer the sock type but if they can really hold up with takedowns i hate anything to move when sparring

Iv never had a pair of the sock type though i bet it would be better for slipping. My gym is mainly kickboxers so we all have pretty thick shinpads. Id love to see the difference with lighter ones though (id feel bad for my partner)

I have the venum kontact evo ones and they are really good. Not much protection for your feet or instep if you kick hard but place your kicks correctly and dont slam kicks too often in MMA sparring and you will be good. I weigh 140 lbs at 5'4 though so if you are a bigger guy you might just want to get regular shin guards.

i ended up gettign the bag boy gel pro series mma shins

Back