Best way to end a movie!

OverCoronavirus Pressure

Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit.
Banned
Reaction score
I say, every character gets blown up with a bazooka.

*Hobbits having fruity reunion, laughing and hugging each other*

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BABOOM!

I only like movies that end with a 7ft Native American dude throwing a sink through a window and running off into the countryside.

Phone Booth. Great ending, the bad guy walks away smiling.

Alien: Covenant

The usual suspects

Phone Booth. Great ending, the bad guy walks away smiling.

Alien: Covenant

The usual suspects
I meant for folks to express their own ideas re ending a flick.

The protagonist is monologuing at the end, sharing a moment with the love interest.
Suddenly a character we've never seen before comes into frame and hits them both with a giant animal balloon.

Hard cut to middle of credits, intercut with scenes from The Day the Clown Cried.

E0xH.gif

It was all a dream. Then gunshot over black.

Thought of No Country for Old Men. The point where the screen goes blank/dark for a few seconds. Could have ended there.

I like shock/surprise endings like in layer cake. Xxxxx thinks he outsmarted everyone, is ready to retire and POP! Shot by a scrawny looser he stole the woman of.

That being said it doesn't actually say if he died and that's another reason the ending is so good.

Well, you've got John Carpenter's The Thing to beat.

Kurt & Keith David just sitting there... Damn.

dO7TJMVGOhqxOwEuacP638suqQE

Every movie ends like The Thing. Romance film? Cut to the couple suddenly freezing in Antarctica. Woman takes a swig of the whiskey (because we all know women are alphas now) and states that maybe they dont deserve to survive. Then both are summarily raped by giant tentacles to original Dawn of the Dead elevator music soundtrack.

I always like when movies end w/ uncertainty and/or w/o closure.

also love the end of TWBB.

Highlights of the cast with Sweet Home Alabama playing

Second proposal:

Every film ends with the main character(s) discovering a collapsed Statue of Liberty, leaning ominously out of the sands on a beach. The twist: it has Mark Whalberg's face. They drop to their knees while screaming in agony and them begin to belt out Marky Mark's Good Vibrations lyrics as tears of profound sadness pour down their cheeks.

This works for family films, romantic comedies, and buddy-cop films.

Back