Best way to cut ~5 pounds for same day weigh in?

Rock Hard

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm competing on Saturday, and my weigh in is in the morning, and the match is later that evening. So I get a good 10 hours to recover.

Right now, after a hard workout day, the next morning I am on weight. But after a day off, the next morning I am about 3-5 pounds over. Not a big deal.

I was thinking of just spending a half hour in the sauna. The heat doesn't bother me. I train in hot weather, it's summer right now, and I never use air conditioning. I also drink 3 gallons of water per day and take in 12,000 mg of sodium through sea salt per day. (Stan the Rhino Efferding says NOT to cut out the sodium the week before a competition in one of his YouTube rants, so I'm not taking that out.)

I lose 8 pounds of water every time I train (with a full belly of drunken water beforehand), so losing a few pounds in the morning upon waking up without breakfast won't be a big deal. Am I right?

You drink drink 3 gallons of water per day? How much do you weight?

*Edit:

If you don't mind the sauna, just do that. You drink 25 lbs. of water per day, so you should be able to sweat out 5 in an hour; less time if you go into the sauna warm.

How did the weight cut go?

I know its hindsight but just eating a bit cleaner and a few extra runs would cut 5lbs in that time easily

Back