Best version of a fighter ever using one particular fight

• Thread starter Deleted member 549255
  • Start date
BJ vs Diego

I actually think BJ vs Sherk was better.

People are missing the boat here imo. Quality of opponent plus how totally dominant the guy was should be the criteria. Sherk was a dominant champ and BJ just clowned him.

People saying Jones vs DC but there's no way that's his best version imo. DC was landing a lot early on in both fights. Jones turned it on yeah, but he absolutely took Shogun apart in every way. Shogun who was champ at the time. Completely one-sided beatdown.

Others that come to mind for me off the top of my head:

DC vs TRT Bigfoot
Matt Hughes vs BJ Penn at UFC 63
Shogun vs Arona
Ferguson vs Tibau
Khabib vs Barboza
Silva vs Belfort
GSP vs Fitch
Dillashaw vs Barao (both but first one esp)
Randy vs Tito
Edgar vs Swanson
Maia vs Condit

Tons of others but there's a few.

Ubereem that liver kicked Bork into oblivion. Looked thick, solid, tight, and a decent fighter too.

ufc-body-shot-knockouts-7.gif

Looked even more impressive vs Todd Duffy

UFC 101 Anderson Silva (vs Forrest Griffin, 1st round KO)

UFC 142 Jose Aldo (vs Chad Mendes, 1st round KO)

Any other examples?

Griffin was concussed like a week out before the fight and shouldn't have been medically cleared. If he was even close to healthy I don't think Anderson dispatches him at all but he does beat him soundly.

GSP manhandled Frank Trigg. Literally tossed him around like he was helpless and forced him into whatever position he wanted.

Always impressed how easily GSP dominated Trigg.

Nick Diaz v Gomi.

Except it also showed his flaws. Which is how they keep it real in the 209, so fuck you.

Part of me will always believe that 2006 Josh Barnett is the greatest fighter who ever lived.

To choose 1 fight, I would say against Mark Hunt at PRIDE Critical Countdown Absolute. That might have been the single best fighter of all time.

But that year he beat Nakamura, Aleks Emelianenko, Hunt, and Mintauro Nogueira. Even though he lost to Cro Cop in the Grand Prix Final, and later a rematch to Nog, he fought 7 fuckin times that year. (5-2)

Last edited:
totally random but

Brian Melancon vs Seth B

Hate to say it, but Conor v Eddie
xpwN5Bf.gif

MxyNUf2.gif

bTBuWWC.gif
Yeah, a bigger, taller, longer reach fighter beating a small guy who was maybe #5 in the division in basically a 4oz glove boxing match is amazing ...

Penn vs Sanchez (clean striking) or Penn vs Sherk (perfect use of a jab to break someone down)

Aldo vs Edgar 2 (everyone thought Aldo was done but he shut frankie down with beautiful boxing, footwork and TDD)

GsP Vs Koscheck (Using a jab to totally beat the piss outta someone, and get takedowns on a decorated wrestler)

Pettis vs Henderson (those body kicks to break Ben down and hurt him then getting the fast sub)

RDA vs Pettis (just beat Pettis down from beginning to end)

Wonderboy vs Hendricks (just totally outclassed him - big rig had no answers.)

Mur vs Nog 1

Vitor vs Hendo 2

Johnny Walker vs Rountree. I know it's early, but I can't see him topping that performance.

Gus vs Glover - those uppercuts and combos we're amazing.

JDS vs Carwin - after he kod Cain and before the rematches, he absolutely mauled Carwin without eating bombs himself.

Werdum vs Cain

Couture vs Tim Sylvia

Forrest Griffin vs Shogun

Last edited:
Back