Best version of a fighter ever using one particular fight

• Thread starter Deleted member 549255
  • Start date
Ya, Nate The Great was never really consistent enough. He was also a bit of an in-betweener. He was just a bit too big for 170, and a bit too small for 185. He would have ruled over 175 IMO.

Edit: Also, Nate wasn't a gutless coward like Khabib. When Nate had a bad weight cut, he fought anyway. When Khabib has a bad weight cut, he just pulls out or demands a catchweight.

Nate Marquardt was pulled trying to make weight on UFC Versus 4. He wasn't offered a catchweight, and Dana White straight up cut him from the UFC. Khabib pulls out of events, demands catchweights, and where is Dana White banning Khabib from the UFC?

If Khabib was forced to make 155.0 & fight every time he has a bad weight cut, he would have lost 2-3 fights brutally. It pisses me off that he gets so much leeway.
Nate was often called the largest MW in the UFC In his prime MW days

70% Hendricks was 100% his best ever performance....

...enhanced fight.

UFC 101 Anderson Silva (vs Forrest Griffin, 1st round KO)

UFC 142 Jose Aldo (vs Chad Mendes, 1st round KO)

Any other examples?
Anderson fighting a xanaxed out Forrest isn’t his best performance...

Hate to say it, but Conor v Eddie
xpwN5Bf.gif

MxyNUf2.gif

bTBuWWC.gif
Why hate to say it.. you have the gifs up proud bud lmao

Fedor vs. Nog III. Fedor's speed, strength, reflexes, and cardio were absolutely nuts.

Not necessarily the best version of him, but the Max Holloway that showed up against Cub Swanson was phenomenal.Total coming out party for the young Hawaiian. I knew he could pick his shots and possibly out point Cub Swanson. I never expected him to completely outbox the man, all while styling and switching stances. Subbing the blackbelt was just the cherry on top of a masterful performance.

Z6N9rw.gif

f72c7f718e43b8aa186a71329b26736a.gif

FrequentEvilEquine.gif

The best is blessed baby!

usa_today_10456501.0.jpg

Last edited:
In Recent Memory

Conor vs Eddie
Holly vs Rhonda
Aldo vs Mendez
DC vs No Time
Stipe vs Nganou
Cain vs JDS last two fights
Werdum vs Cain
No Love vs Cruise
Joanna J vs Esparza and Penne
Esparza vs Claudio Ghadelia (even tho she lost imo she fought the perfect fight and actually won)
Bisping vs Rockhold is about as perfect as you can get in my mind.
Woodley vs Till (admiting this one kills me a little)
MM vs Borg (that was when he did the TD to Arm bar transition to finish right?)
Khabib vs Johnson was a masterclass.
Rose vs Joanna J #1 (this one hurts me to admit as well)
Any of Holloways recent performances.
Wonderboy vs Rory
Rory vs Woodley
Mickey Gall vs CM Puke

Thats my list for now.

Not necessarily the best version of him, but the Max Holloway that showed up against Cub Swanson was phenomenal.Total coming out party for the young Hawaiian. I knew he could pick his shots and possibly out point Cub Swanson. I never expected him to completely outbox the man, all while styling and switching stances. The sub was just the cherry on top of a masterful performance.

Z6N9rw.gif

f72c7f718e43b8aa186a71329b26736a.gif

FrequentEvilEquine.gif

The best is blessed baby!

usa_today_10456501.0.jpg

Man I hope we haven't seen the best of Max yet.

Such an exciting, talented fighter.

Would love to see him defend successfully vs T-City and then move up and someday fight Ferguson. That would be epic.

Man I hope we haven't seen the best of Max yet.

Such an exciting, talented fighter.

Would love to see him defend successfully vs T-City and then move up and someday fight Ferguson. That would be epic.
I don't think so man. He's constantly improving, we see a better Max every fight. But I know what you mean dude, really hope July was just a one off. Seeing him like that on UFC tonight was scary.

I know this is huge long shot (so much so I posted it in the 2019 bold predictions thread), I hope Holloway defeats Ortega and successfully defends against Frankie and Mendes in 2019. Imo this would solidify his spot as FW GOAT. 2020 start a new reign at LW.

Max Holloway x Tony Ferguson would be

<Baelish01>

Ortega vs frankie. Pretty one sided epic performance.

Conor beating snot out of Alverez

Dillashaw vs Barao 1.

MildAnimatedHanumanmonkey.gif

SoupyLimitedAfricanwildcat.gif

ApprehensiveBonyCornsnake.gif

giphy.gif

This is still the greatest performance I have ever seen inside the octagon, period.

Back