Best Universities that accept mediocre students

Just identify as a transsexual Native American Mulatto bro.

Bullshit, it's one of the best public schools in the country. You mad because they tried to help minorities, bro? Don't be a bigot.

UNC Chapel Hill has several highly ranked Ph.D. programs. It's a top 20 school in a few different disciplines, for graduate schools.

Still stumped on that math problem, huh? Math's math at any school.

;)

Penn State is regarded as a good school, but its not really a reach school for anyone but the mediocre. In PA you have Carnegie, Lehigh, Upenn. And most people in PA probably dont want to be stuck in the middle of the state they have been stuck in for most of their lives already. So PSU is a like a fall back in case they dont get into where they want.

Look at all the hazing deaths at PSU. Gotta be pretty stupid people around.

I got my job before a college degree was required and most of the guys there when I got hired didn't have one. They were all, "You graduated from Penn State! What're you doing here?" My answer was, "I have a liberal arts degree from a football school that I didn't even play football at. I scored a public employee union job right before an economic downturn. I'm lucky as hell."

Even the best schools have legacy admissions, affirmative action and such

Bingo, and Georgetown is the first place that comes to mind. I'll SMS you a funny story.

In Canada, York University comes to mind.

The saying goes "if you can hold a fork you can go to York"

Lol

Did you go to U of T?

Yes, for ugrad.

toikeoike_198701

Is that true? The University of Maryland is one of the best schools for physics and Medical Physics.
UMUC isn't the same as UMD.
To make it even more confusing....we also have a UMBC.

usc,CSULB ,pepperdine. a lot of actors and rich people here go to USC and pepperdine even if they don't have high gpa in high school it is actually harder to get into UCLA,UC Berkeley and UCSD

my middle brother went to berkeley, and my youngest went to ucla, and they were i think of one the very few who were accepted from their high school.

Penn State is regarded as a good school, but its not really a reach school for anyone but the mediocre. In PA you have Carnegie, Lehigh, Upenn. And most people in PA probably dont want to be stuck in the middle of the state they have been stuck in for most of their lives already. So PSU is a like a fall back in case they dont get into where they want.

Look at all the hazing deaths at PSU. Gotta be pretty stupid people around.

I wouldn't consider Penn State a fall back school. There are 96 other colleges in PA that are easier to get in and Penn State main campus has a 51% acceptance rate. It's easier to get into Drexel or St Joes than Penn State. Bloomsberg and Kutztown are fall back schools for people who can't get into Penn State.

Yes it's not Ivy League and you are not going to get MIT level egg heads but there are plenty of very good programs.

In Canada, York University comes to mind.

The saying goes "if you can hold a fork you can go to York"

Laugh out loud at "Yok" as a "Top University." It's the shame school wealthy minority parents send their kids to when they couldn't get into U of T or McGill

Back