Best Universities that accept mediocre students

icemanliddell

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What is the best university that produce outstanding graduates despite accepting average or even under-performing students?

There is a joke about ASU. If you have a pulse, you’ll be accepted

Penn State is regarded as a good school, but its not really a reach school for anyone but the mediocre. In PA you have Carnegie, Lehigh, Upenn. And most people in PA probably dont want to be stuck in the middle of the state they have been stuck in for most of their lives already. So PSU is a like a fall back in case they dont get into where they want.

Look at all the hazing deaths at PSU. Gotta be pretty stupid people around.

There is a joke about ASU. If you have a pulse, you’ll be accepted

Quantity is a quality in and of itself as they say. If you accept lots and lots, some will make something of themselves, and become great alumni. The others still have to pay off their debt too.

Ohio State University

I lived on campus a long time ago and those were some of the dumbest people I've ever interacted with

ESU Timber wolves

118461_cgeu-92k-Sx-esu-timberwolvespqr.jpg

Even the best schools have legacy admissions, affirmative action and such

I think the University of Colorado is often seen as a second-tier state school or a safety school, but it has produced something like 12 Nobel Laureates, 16 astronauts, and two Supreme Court justices.

usc,CSULB ,pepperdine. a lot of actors and rich people here go to USC and pepperdine even if they don't have high gpa in high school it is actually harder to get into UCLA,UC Berkeley and UCSD

I was surprised how many Asian Muppets went to my uni. They paid their way. Just made me look better because all the scores were standardised

I'm curious to know as well, just in case I strike out with my recent grad school applications and I have to settle for less.

Back