Best top 3 submissions

I’m surprised you had Reem over Nog under Werdum’s top 3 subs.

Nog, Fedor, Cain has to be the best top 3 submission wins ever.

Werdum has to win, but to TS, how the fuck do you have Overeem as his 3rd best submission win, when Werdum tapped Big Nog? That is a much greater task to do imo.

I’m surprised you had Reem over Nog under Werdum’s top 3 subs.

Nog, Fedor, Cain has to be the best top 3 submission wins ever.

yes, this.

also, please change your avatar. I think Ortega is a stud and that fight showed he's extremely good but I can't stand watching Frankie get KO'd. That shit breaks my heart.

Last edited:
I’d put Pettis up too:
1. Benson
2. Melendez
3. Aloe Vera

this is a really good list because number 1 and 2 on that list were both basically unsubbable before Pettis got em. Unreal transitions for both too. His ground game is slick.

I do tend to go with Aoki, the list I posted is all very risky low percentage subs against opponents who typically have strong sub defences, none of them were beaten up or gassed before the sub happened either.

Shinya probably made the most of a career in MMA by basically always just being a submission only kinda guy. I guess in recent years he developed some body kicks and such but, I don't think any 1 dimensional guys have done as much as he has career wise. Maia prob could have if he didn't fight for the UFC over the last decade, probably good enough to beat most guys outside of it due to his grappling ability and durability. But Aoki did well for himself.

yes, this.

also, please change your avatar. I think Ortega is a stud and that fight showed he's extremely good but I can't stand watching Frankie get KO'd. That shit breaks my heart.

Can’t do it, I lost a bet on Ortega vs Edgar to a massive BJ Penn fan who is still bitter that BJ took 3 L’s to Frankie.

It sucks, I know.

Maia's sub of Chael was a thing of beauty

wzE9nf

Can’t do it, I lost a bet on Ortega vs Edgar to a massive BJ Penn fan who is still bitter that BJ took 3 L’s to Frankie.

It sucks, I know.

Oh just noticed the shit above it. Got it, at least you’re an honorable man. Hope you make him pay next time.

Werdum has to win, but to TS, how the fuck do you have Overeem as his 3rd best submission win, when Werdum tapped Big Nog? That is a much greater task to do imo.

Nog was past it by that point and he subbed Reem(his only sub loss) with a kimura from his back.

Werdum submitted two different #1 HWs. Fedor was #1 and Cain was #1.
So it's obviously him.

Nog was past it by that point and he subbed Reem(his only sub loss) with a kimura from his back.

Alistair was still Alistair at the time, not Ubereem. Different animal. If Nog was past it, Alistair hadn't even entered it yet. There's always variables and situations with each fight, I just think its more impressive to get the submission and make Big Nog tap. Alistair has given up on various occasions. Minotauro was never one to concede defeat. I think that is more impressive but will agree the submission of Alistair is pretty amazing.

Frank Mir's shoulder crank of Pete Williams looked neat and I've never seen it duplicated.

Doom tapping Fedor and Cain.

Mir vs Brockroids.
The first Mir/Brock fight, nah.
I give credit on the second Nog fight. Nog fucked up, but Mir possibly slightly KO'd was able to get a sub.
Wedoomerang tapping Fedor was fuckin crazy at the time. That could count as his 3 right there.

Alistair was still Alistair at the time, not Ubereem. Different animal. If Nog was past it, Alistair hadn't even entered it yet. There's always variables and situations with each fight, I just think its more impressive to get the submission and make Big Nog tap. Alistair has given up on various occasions. Minotauro was never one to concede defeat. I think that is more impressive but will agree the submission of Alistair is pretty amazing.

If anything the earlier Allistair was more of a sub fighter not less of one, he won a European ADCC comp. Again that was a shot big Nog who'd been subbed recently by Frank Mir as well.

You only need one...

chonan-vs-silva-o.gif

Notable mention: the GOAT of Ezekiel chokes Alexey Oleynik. 10 wins via Ezekiel + 1st ever Ezekiel sub in the UFC.

Most notable sub wins:
- Hamilton
- Cro Cop
- Browne

If anything the earlier Allistair was more of a sub fighter not less of one, he won a European ADCC comp. Again that was a shot big Nog who'd been subbed recently by Frank Mir as well.

Much harder to sub a guy with no neck and arms bigger than most human torsos. But we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Back