Best Takedown For Self Defense?

At 00:55 the kung fu guy was in bottom mount, which is the worst place possible to try to punch or eye gouge your opponent.

Yes, but look at Royce, he is not sitting up to avoid punches, he is leaning forward and down.

Yes, but look at Royce, he is not sitting up to avoid punches, he is leaning forward and down.

hes got him in a fully locked mounted triangle, what the dude on bottom can do is about nothing... holy crap.

yes you actually believe heel kicks to the kidneys are refering standing heel kicks lmfao. you hve no jiu jitsu belt, I have my pics showing every single promotion in this forum, so stop fantasizing about others people achivement, you have not ever step a foot in a grappling mat. Lunatics of your type who love to theorize about fighting are the worst type of idiots. he shouldve done this that that pim pum ban fight over, Im the baddest lunatic in the world...

First off BJJ has no kicks. Unless something has changed in BJJ this week that I’m not aware of. Are we talking about BJJ or your Ameri-Do-Te? I think you are referring back to an old discussion we had regarding UFC fouls. Number 17 - Kicking to the kidney with the heel. I take it from the guard position.

Believe what you want. I don’t give two shits. What are you now, a Black Belt in Ameri-Do-Te? I’ll check with Master Ken.

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Last edited:
hes got him in a fully locked mounted triangle, what the dude on bottom can do is about nothing... holy crap.

No he doesn’t. Look at the video again at 00:56. The guy in the bottom (Mr. Kung Fu Master) has his whole right arm free. All he has to do is turn left and swing a punch at Royce’s face. Royce is sitting too low for the guard. This is a BJJ video not an Ameri-Do-Te video.

First off BJJ has no kicks. Unless something has changed in BJJ this week that I’m not aware of. Are we talking about BJJ or your Ameri-Do-Te? I think you are referring back to an old discussion we had regarding UFC fouls. Number 17 - Kicking to the kidney with the heel. It take it from the guard position.

Believe what you want. I don’t give two shits. What are you now, a Black Belt in Ameri-Do-Te? I’ll check with master Ken.

of course it doesnt, I was talking about heel strikes from the guard position to the kidneys, that is what was banned, and if you were a gjj practitioner, you would know what are these.

yeah, check with master ken, thats your master, we all know that.

What art is that? A good basic takedown. Here is one from Aikido: Irimi Nage

Hmm, you already got some bites with this shtick, but this is too obvious. Like a fly fisherman, you want to select a more natural looking fly for maximum bait effect.

Ah the old "deadly spine strikes" argument. Go to 0:25 of the following video and ready your most convoluted response to deny reality.

…and what do I see at 01:42? Royce Gracie doing ‘spine strikes’ to the opponent.

Last edited:
I’ve trained in Tae Kwon-Do, Aikido, and Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. All together I would say about 10 years. True competition only in Tae Kwon-Do. Lots of injuries and broken bones. 7 confrontations with only 1 getting physical (in the last 10 years).

Uh... No.

What art is that? A good basic takedown. Here is one from Aikido: Irimi Nage

Ueshiba claimed to be able to ejaculate through a paper screen due to his incredible qi power. Not sure if that counts or not.

First off BJJ has no kicks. Unless something has changed in BJJ this week that I’m not aware of. Are we talking about BJJ or your Ameri-Do-Te? I think you are referring back to an old discussion we had regarding UFC fouls. Number 17 - Kicking to the kidney with the heel. I take it from the guard position.

Believe what you want. I don’t give two shits. What are you now, a Black Belt in Ameri-Do-Te? I’ll check with Master Ken.

There may not necessarily be much technique to kicking in BJJ but a kick is taught as a setup to move in for the clinch and go for a takedown. Unless we're making some kind of distinction between the self defense techniques that are taught and sport BJJ.

The fact is that is impossible to generate much force from the bottom of the mount, so barring 1 in a million flukes punching from there is not going to accomplish anything else than wasting energy and exposing yourself to devastating punches in retaliation from the top person.

There is no true BJJ. It's a folk tradition.

In the same way the writers of modern literature define what the English language is, the teachers of BJJ define what BJJ is, because BJJ is what they are teaching.

If a BJJ instructor with some reputation teaches a kick, then that kick is a part of BJJ.

There is no true BJJ. It's a folk tradition.

In the same way the writers of modern literature define what the English language is, the teachers of BJJ define what BJJ is, because BJJ is what they are teaching.

If a BJJ instructor with some reputation teaches a kick, then that kick is a part of BJJ.

Yeah, I don't want to act like I know it all because I'm still a newb to bjj but I did a few classes with this guy http://www.tampajiujitsu.com/ where he taught the kick going into the clinch. He got his black belt under Helio Gracie and really emphasized the self defense aspect of BJJ vs sport. I've seen the same kick in some Gracie combatives dvd as well. I train bjj at an mma gym now though and the BJJ curriculum is strictly for the ground game.

Ah the old "deadly spine strikes" argument. Go to 0:25 of the following video and ready your most convoluted response to deny reality.

Wow the Ne Waza is actually horrible in that!

No body triangle, lets him get away multiple times.

And I've only cross trained BJJ!

Fucking glad the Gracie's only challenged guys with zero ground skill.

Cause when they did...

saku-roycegif.gif

Fucking glad the Gracie's only challenged guys with zero ground skill.

Ah, thank you my friend! Get ready for the ‘barrage’ of insults coming your way from BJJ supporters. As mentioned before, the Gracies represented the top 1% in BJJ while the other Arts had no representative that even came close to the top 25% during UFC 01 through 04. A tipping of the scale.

…by the way, you need to teach me how you crop videos the way you do. I’m a very low-tech guy. I have to post the whole video from YouTube.

An interesting video regarding the hidden ‘dark side’ of MMA. Old vs. New UFC and the effect of the gloves in fighting. The price fighters pay for competing in the UFC.

Then where are these magical martial artists actually demonstrating their ability in I've scenarios

Back