Best Super Smash Bros Game?

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Which do you think is the best Super Smash Brothers game? I think the best one is Melee.

The GC one.

I think the game cube one was perfect. It's clearly better than the one for the Wii which purposely tried making the game less competitive and more random with slips. It also slowed everything down. The one for the Wii u is a blast and probably the best in terms of just playing and having a blast with friends. I've read some complaints from people who play it competitively but I can't really comment, I'm not at that level. But to just play with friends, have a lot of maps, ability to play online, a lot of characters to pick I'd go with the WII u version. It's even getting Cloud. Imo it's one of the few games Nintendo makes that's actually a must own game that can stand against the best of the best in terms of fun and fair competitive gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX9hbbA-WP4

here's a documentary on the gamecube smash bros melee. It's a fun watch. It's cool seeing how it grew, seeing who dominated, how it changed over time. I never saw a competitive match before this and was amazed they were even playing the same game. They moved so fast. It's also interesting that melee was never intended to be competitive.

They still had the GC one at Evo last year.

I recently bought the 3DS game, and it's the first Smash Bros game, and I'm not impressed.

Always liked the N64 one best, but the latest is of course very solid.

I prefer the Nintendo 64 version of Smash Brothers.

4/WiiU. Most content, online, well balanced.

Personally I feel this franchise has gotten better with each installment. Nostalgia has a tendency for people to remember games better than they actually were. I downloaded the 64 rom the other day and while it was enjoyable I could only stand playing it for 10 minutes or so before going back to playing on my friend's Wii U.

They still had the GC one at Evo last year.

Super Smash Bros. Melee was at Evolution Championship Series 2007, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.

That means that a video game that was released in the year 2001 (Super Smash Bros. Melee) has competed at SIX DIFFERENT EVOLUTIONS (so far).

melee has the highest skill curve. its a much faster game with a smaller margin of error on recoveries+ more high level techniques like L cancel, wavedashing and waveshining etc.

they still have melee tournaments

my friends used to play in pro tournaments, they were marginally better than me, but i could still hang with them

brawl is the most fun for casual to advanced players, but melee has a lot more potential for very advanced play

Super Smash Bros. Melee was at Evolution Championship Series 2007, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.

That means that a video game that was released in the year 2001 (Super Smash Bros. Melee) has competed at SIX DIFFERENT EVOLUTIONS (so far).

my case exactly

most people who think they are "good" at melee, dont realize how high the skill curve can go. i couldnt beat my friends who played at a pro level, but i played in college tournaments when i was in school and i would easily finish peoples 3 lives while only getting hit once or twice, just from falco shorthop/wavedash combos.

the speed and reflexes required to do those advanced techniques during a competitive session took a lot of hours smoking out and playing with asian kids

my case exactly

most people who think they are "good" at melee, dont realize how high the skill curve can go. i couldnt beat my friends who played at a pro level, but i played in college tournaments when i was in school and i would easily finish peoples 3 lives while only getting hit once or twice, just from falco shorthop/wavedash combos.

Tell me about it.

I watch Youtube videos of CASUAL FANS in Super Smash Bros. Melee and videos of EXPERT COMPETITORS in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

All of those Super Smash Bros. Melee videos look like they are showing TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT VIDEO GAMES.

Back