Best striker, and grappler in all the men's divisions

So??? The striking of dilashaw is very odd, in the first round he was saved by the bell with a great combination by cody
Just because you say he got saved in the first round isn't gonna change the fact that Cody got knocked out.

Reem is not the best striker, he gets knocked the fuck out way too often.

I'd put Max above Aldo in the striking department too, for obvious reasons.

Eh, Aldo has better boxing and Muay Thai. Sure, Max did knock him down but TJ also badly hurt Cody with a hook. Doesn't mean TJ's boxing is better than Cody's though.

But it is debatable

Striker/Grappler
Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic/Fabricio Werdum (close)
Light-heavyweight: Gokhan Saki/Daniel Cormier
Middleweight: Robert Whittaker/Luke Rockhold (close)
Welterweight: Douglas Lima (close)/Ben Askren
Lightweight: Andy Souwer/Garry Tonon (he recently announced he's moving to MMA)
Featherweight: Sagetdao Petpayathai/Kron Gracie
Bantamweight: TJ Dillashaw (close)/Bibiano Fernandes
Flyweight: Sergio Pettis/Formiga
Strawweight: Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke (close)/Alex Silva (close)

You are just such a try hard

You are just such a try hard

I'm actually the only one with the right answers cuz' I watch more of the sport than just the UFC main cards. Really, TJ Dillashaw's a better grappler than a guy who won the Mundials four times? Really? Frankie Edgar's grappling's better than a member of the Gracie family that won the gold medal at Abu Dhabi? Max Holloway has better striking than a three-time Lumpinee and Rajadamnern stadium champion? Conor has better striking than a two-time K-1 Grand Prix champion?
Don't be proud of your ignorance.

Last edited:
I'm actually the only one with the right answers cuz' I watch more of the sport than just the UFC main cards. Really, TJ Dillashaw's a better grappler than a guy who won the Mundials four times? Really? Frankie Edgar's grappling's better than a member of the Gracie family that won the gold medal at Abu Dhabi? Max Holloway has better striking than a three-time Lumpinee and Rajadamnern stadium champion? Conor has better striking than a two-time K-1 Grand Prix champion?
Don't be proud of your ignorance.

Nah, you're just a try hard. This is a UFC forum, meaning the discussions are about the UFC or UFC fighters.

Nice try though

LHW has to be Sake for best striker. That's all I know.

Nah, you're just a try hard. This is a UFC forum, meaning the discussions are about the UFC or UFC fighters.

Nice try though

So you agree with everything I said, you just don't feel it was appropriate to say in the UFC sub? There's no rule in here that says you can only talk about UFC fighters in the UFC forum, either.

overeemshelling.gif

2h5ise8.gif

vrsj2u.gif
Werdum's 15 seconds of action in that entire fight.

So you agree with everything I said, you just don't feel it was appropriate to say in the UFC sub? There's no rule in here that says you can only talk about UFC fighters in the UFC forum, either.
Did you consider CM Punk as one of your top WW grapplers? He does a world title in wrestling ya know?

Striker / grappler

FLW - I guess Mighty Mouse / Mighty Mouse
BW - TJ Dillashaw / probably a tossup between Dillashaw, Garbrandt, and Cruz
FW - Holloway / Edgar
LW - McGregor / Khabib
WW - Thompson / Maia
MW - Whittaker / Jacare or maybe Rockhold
LHW - Jones / Jones, though if he is disqualified then I guess Cormier / Cormier (he did outstrike Gustafsson and didn't do as badly against Rumble)
HW - Stipe / Werdum

(Current)
HW: Striker-Overeem/ Grappler-Werdum
LWH: Striker-Gus/ Grappler-DC
MW: Striker-Whittaker/ Grappler-Romero
WW: Striker-(Very debatable)Wonderboy/ Grappler-Maia
LW: Striker-Barboza/ Grappler-Khabib
FW: Striker-Jose Aldo/ Grappler-Frankie
BW: Striker-Dillashaw/ Grappler-Dillashaw
FLW: (Take a wild guess)
Do you agree? If not make your own list.
MW - Striker GSP / Grappler Jacare (Rockhold 2nd)
FW - Striker Max / Grappler Frankie
BW - Agreed for now but think cody wins rematch.

I disagree with Maia being the best grappler. Grappling in MMA is a combination of groundwork, and actually getting your opponent to the ground (whether through wrestling takedowns, throws, trips, etc.). Maia could not land a single takedown on Tyron. That alone already makes Tyron a better MMA grappler that Maia.

(Current)
HW: Striker-Overeem/ Grappler-Werdum
LWH: Striker-Gus/ Grappler-DC
MW: Striker-Whittaker/ Grappler-Romero
WW: Striker-(Very debatable)Wonderboy/ Grappler-Maia
LW: Striker-Barboza/ Grappler-Khabib
FW: Striker-Jose Aldo/ Grappler-Frankie
BW: Striker-Dillashaw/ Grappler-Dillashaw
FLW: (Take a wild guess)
Do you agree? If not make your own list.
Defence is a part o being a good striker, Overeem has been knocked out by too many mediocre fighters to be on the list

Miocic/Werdum
Gustaffson/Teixera
Anderson/Jacare
Thompson/Maia
McGregor/Khabib
Aldo/Edgar
TJ/Assuncao
Mightymouse

Back