Best Spiderman game ever?

franquito

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Spiderman 2 for ps2 was great for introducing the swinging mechanics,
but for my money, the Ps1 game was the greatest. Whole thing was fun, and still looks good to me.

What's your favorite?

Last edited:
I thought "Ultimate Spiderman" was pretty fun. Open world, fun swinging mechanics, cel-shaded comic look.

My favorite is Web of Shadows. Shattered Dimensions was good as well.

Never liked any of them TBH. Once you got past the cool swinging mechanics of the first few 3D games, they were fairly generic.

I didn't mind the one on 360/PS3 that was essentially a poor man's Arkham Asylum. Can't remember the name though. I want to say "Web Of Shadows", but I'm not 100%.

Never liked any of them TBH. Once you got past the cool swinging mechanics of the first few 3D games, they were fairly generic.

I didn't mind the one on 360/PS3 that was essentially a poor man's Arkham Asylum. Can't remember the name though. I want to say "Web Of Shadows", but I'm not 100%.

Wait, so you're telling me you dont like endlessly chasing after balloons and taking guys to the hospital in Spiderman 2?

Wait, so you're telling me you dont like endlessly chasing after balloons and taking guys to the hospital in Spiderman 2?

LOL, essentially. I remember at the time it came out, and critics were splooging all over it, and I could never figure out why. Some were comparing that shit to GTA, as if it was even remotely as robust.

Spiderman 2 for ps2 was great for introducing the swinging mechanics,
but for my money, the Ps1 game was the greatest. Whole thing was fun, and still looks good to me.

What's your favorite?

final boss was epic

carnage doc oak love child

That actually ran on the Tony Hawk engine.
Favorite would probably be 2 on PS2 and XB but I have a soft spot for an old GB one.

220px-The_Amazing_Spider-Man_2_Coverart.png

Haven't enjoyed one yet.

I only played the one for the snes, can’t remember the exact name.

I liked it.

Maximum Carnage was awesome

The one where you can play as Venom, I think it was web of shadows? Loved the comic book artwork style of the game.

The 2018 game will be the best one yet though.

Cinemassacre did a pretty good video on 3D Spiderman games just a couple days ago (was that perhaps what inspired this thread?):

Copying Batman Arkham City for webslinging would be cool.

They had one that was a streets of rage rip off that was coop with carnage and venom. That was the best one.

This. Ultimate Spiderman doesn't get enough love.
Absolutely. Best fight mechanics of any spider man game up until that point. As a youngin I must have played spider man 1 on ps1 a dozen times. Very short game. You can beat it in under an hour I think

Back