Best small 4k monitor for Xbox One X?

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking for a smaller monitor for gaming. I understand that there are some benefits to using a smaller monitor and sitting closer. A good monitor will have a higher refresh rate and it's easier to mentally process everything that's happening on the smaller screen. Plus, I think I can appreciate the improvement in graphics sitting close to it. My question is which monitor to get.

I will be using it to play xbox one x.

A 4K monitor sub 27-32 inches would be a waste of money and time.
If you got a 4K monitor at 24 inches you'd barely notice a difference between a 1080p monitor due to the pixel density.
You would really want a larger display in order to appreciate and see the actual pixel/resolution improvements.
There's a lot of science behind this, but if I change my phone (Galaxy Note 8) resolution from 2960x1440 to 1480x720 there's almost no difference whatsoever. Knowing the maximum PPI (pixels per inch) the human eye can see would help you understand. We can only see so many pixels at X screen size by Y distance.

And what's the point of a high refresh rate when the Xbox One X can barely hit 60 fps?
What you're probably looking for instead is a lower response time (anything less than 5ms is optimial)
Console gamer logic :p

Last edited:
What’s your budget?
I was checking out the aoc ag271qx for $400 unless there's something else good for less. HDR, QHD, free sync, refresh rates. This stuff gets confusing. Refresh rate, response time, whatever... I want it to play well with low latency so when I push a button what happens on the screen is quick. I'd like to have graphics look bad ass too.

This pc dork is saying that it's pointless because the pixels are too small but all the competitive gamers use small monitors. I want it to be competitive and look good too. I don't care if it's huge. I can simply sit closer to the screen.

My understanding is that the bigger tvs have more latency and are not ideal for competitive gaming in addition to costing way more.

I'm also interested in the benq sw2700pt but I think it's too expensive and it doesn't have hdmi 2.0. Also looking at the viewsonic xg2700-4k. Anything over $400 seems kind of crazy. Is it really that much better?

Pc guys want to laugh at the xbone but to my understanding, you'd be hard pressed to build a pc with the same performance as the xboxonex for that price. Plus, I like Halo and Gears so xbox master race for me :)

Last edited:
I was checking out the aoc ag271qx for $400 unless there's something else good for less. HDR, QHD, free sync, refresh rates. This stuff gets confusing. Refresh rate, response time, whatever... I want it to play well with low latency so when I push a button what happens on the screen is quick. I'd like to have it look bad ass too.

Before this week I would have told you to go AOC. However I am currently doing a warranty claim with AOC because their monitor makes a pop noise and loses signal upon opening a game that is different from the game I was already playing. HDMI works fine in the TV after it happens but not in the monitor unless I hard restart the PC.
AOC Told me it will take 2 weeks - 6 months before I get my monitor back, If it is damaged during transit by their courier my warranty is void and it leaves me without a monitor for that time. I told them I need the monitor for work and they didn't care.... I mean 2 weeks - 4 weeks I'd find acceptable. but for a cheap monitor its not worth the hassle.

What is a small 4k montior? Montiors are getting bigger these days, I currently use a 32inch. I would consider small anything under 27, but I don't know if I've even seen any.

I'm not sure why you're so set on getting a setup like a pro.

Anyway, this one is pretty well reviewed.

Edit: Posted the wrong one,

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...black-titanium-silver-u28e590d/10383477.aspx?

it's 4k, 28 inches and 1ms response time and 60hz

What is a small 4k montior? Montiors are getting bigger these days, I currently use a 32inch. I would consider small anything under 27, but I don't know if I've even seen any.

I'm not sure why you're so set on getting a setup like a pro.

Anyway, this one is pretty well reviewed.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00YD3DBOC...8UFcyQ&creativeASIN=B00YD3DBOC&tag=omnicad-20

it's 4k, 28 inches and 1ms response time and 60hz
I feel like maybe I've been holding myself back from gaming as well as I could by using a bigger tv, plus it's only 1080p. A smaller tv with a lower response time could give me a competitive edge in multiplayer .

I feel like maybe I've been holding myself back from gaming as well as I could by using a bigger tv, plus it's only 1080p. A smaller tv with a lower response time could give me a competitive edge in multiplayer .

EDIT: Nvm its the same one.

I don't know what game you're trying to get the edge at, but it's really going to mostly come down to natural talent. A monitor with 1ms response time might help though.

I was checking out the aoc ag271qx for $400 unless there's something else good for less. HDR, QHD, free sync, refresh rates. This stuff gets confusing. Refresh rate, response time, whatever... I want it to play well with low latency so when I push a button what happens on the screen is quick. I'd like to have graphics look bad ass too.

This pc dork is saying that it's pointless because the pixels are too small but all the competitive gamers use small monitors. I want it to be competitive and look good too. I don't care if it's huge. I can simply sit closer to the screen.

My understanding is that the bigger tvs have more latency and are not ideal for competitive gaming in addition to costing way more.

I'm also interested in the benq sw2700pt but I think it's too expensive and it doesn't have hdmi 2.0. Also looking at the viewsonic xg2700-4k. Anything over $400 seems kind of crazy. Is it really that much better?

Pc guys want to laugh at the xbone but to my understanding, you'd be hard pressed to build a pc with the same performance as the xboxonex for that price. Plus, I like Halo and Gears so xbox master race for me :)

This post is one of the most poorly written and least knowledgeable I've seen in awhile.

The "pc dork" you referred to made a point you didn't even understand so your response is not only in poor taste because you are offensive but flat out wrong because you don't understand what he's saying. You need to reread his post maybe 10 times and then go think about it. Sitting closer to a small 4K screen does nothing. The point is you can't see the damn pixels at that resolution and distance to the point that it is valuable. My 2K gsync gaming monitor looks basically the same as my friends 1080p of the same level of monitor quality. The point being buying 4K at monitor size does essentially nothing for you other than stroke your ego that your monitor cost you $1000.

Also Xbox master race lol. Amazing. Enjoy your almost completely unsupported media center!

This post is one of the most poorly written and least knowledgeable I've seen in awhile.

The "pc dork" you referred to made a point you didn't even understand so your response is not only in poor taste because you are offensive but flat out wrong because you don't understand what he's saying. You need to reread his post maybe 10 times and then go think about it. Sitting closer to a small 4K screen does nothing. The point is you can't see the damn pixels at that resolution and distance to the point that it is valuable. My 2K gsync gaming monitor looks basically the same as my friends 1080p of the same level of monitor quality. The point being buying 4K at monitor size does essentially nothing for you other than stroke your ego that your monitor cost you $1000.

Also Xbox master race lol. Amazing. Enjoy your almost completely unsupported media center!
Lol, you sound triggered. I AM unknowledgeable hence why I'm asking for advice. I don't want to spend a grand. My budget is more in the $300-400 area unless someone who knows what they're talking about can explain why it's worth spending more.

My point was that competitive gamers all use monitors under 30 inches in size. There must be a reason for that and the lower price is attractive. If this negates the advantage of 4k, then perhaps I will consider sticking to my regular xbone and flip the x since I think I can make a little money reselling it.

Thanks for responding to my thread. Xbox 4 lyfe!
<bball1>

Lol, you sound triggered. I AM unknowledgeable hence why I'm asking for advice. I don't want to spend a grand. My budget is more in the $300-400 area unless someone who knows what they're talking about can explain why it's worth spending more.

My point was that competitive gamers all use monitors under 30 inches in size. There must be a reason for that and the lower price is attractive. If this negates the advantage of 4k, then perhaps I will consider sticking to my regular xbone and flip the x since I think I can make a little money reselling it.

Thanks for responding to my thread. Xbox 4 lyfe!
<bball1>

Dude the point is at most get a 2k monitor. And professional competitors use smaller monitors because you can see the whole screen at once. Although this is rarely beneficial because you should have the action center screen in the rare instance where you can't or shouldn't it's not really realistic to see action on both sides on a huge monitor. I used to be a serious CS competitor and for a long time people stuck with 19" crt monitors because of the response time and screen size. They also played on 800x600 because it was easier to see.

That's the other thing. You really want less detail in a competitive environment. Less distractions and things to miss etc.

Thank you.
Went right over his head.
I was going to point him in the proper direction if he had listened, but clearly he's a moron that want's to get "what pro's" use.

18rar15g1dg9ujpg.jpg

Stop being a little bitch and just get one of these.

Just let his ass get himself a 24inch 4K 20ms monitor
or a 24 inch 1080p 144hz gsync monitor for his powerful "Xbox 1 X" that all the "pro's" use :D

Right now I'm lamenting the fact that 27inch 1440p 144hz monitors are so much more expensive than say a 31inch 1080p 144hz monitor -__-

My monitor cost $700ish, 27 inch 1440p 144hz Gsync IPS with 4msrt.
That 1080p 144hz monitor is probably a TN panel.
IPS and Gsync really stack up the price.

My monitor cost $700ish, 27 inch 1440p 144hz Gsync IPS with 4msrt.
That 1080p 144hz monitor is probably a TN panel.
IPS and Gsync really stack up the price.

I'm assuming thats 700us so about $900 here :( I wouldn't even be looking at monitors but my year and a half old monitor has started fucking around and I can't be bothered with the Warranty shit now so I'll just buy another.

Thank you.
Went right over his head.
I was going to point him in the proper direction if he had listened, but clearly he's a moron that want's to get "what pro's" use.
Yes, me dumb, you so smart. I'm sorry.

So why are you knocking the smaller monitor when you use a 27 inch? For $700, you could get a bigger screen that would look better but I assume you went with the 27 because of the faster refresh rate.

What's a good balance between looking good and showing off 4k but also having a fast refresh rate?

I play halo and gears of war so that's why I stick with xbox (I'm used to it too, no interest in changing platforms).

Thanks.
Dude the point is at most get a 2k monitor. And professional competitors use smaller monitors because you can see the whole screen at once. Although this is rarely beneficial because you should have the action center screen in the rare instance where you can't or shouldn't it's not really realistic to see action on both sides on a huge monitor. I used to be a serious CS competitor and for a long time people stuck with 19" crt monitors because of the response time and screen size. They also played on 800x600 because it was easier to see.

That's the other thing. You really want less detail in a competitive environment. Less distractions and things to miss etc.

Back