Best Skyrim mods?

Hey guys, not exactly on topic, but is there any easy way to tell if a computer can run Skyrim on respectable settings?

Skyrim is my favorite game, and I've been playing on Xbox 360 for the last couple of years. I'm going to be getting a new computer sometime relatively soon, since mine is slowly dying, and I'd like to try playing with mods. Can pretty much any new computer handle the game, since it's going on 3 years old now?

As long as you have a dedicated graphics card. that doesn't end in "m", you should be able to run Skyrim.

If want to mod Skyrim with a bunch of new items, locations, and scripts, try get at more RAM, faster RAM, and a faster CPU. If you want good graphics, get a good grpahics card. If you want to run everything with ridiculously high resolution 4k textures, get a graphics card with a lot of VRAM.

If you want to have fun, play Morrowind

Haha, thanks.

It probably sounds funny, but as an Xbox360 player, the thing I long for the most is the console. There are a lot of little dumb things about the game that I wish I could just override, such as how followers won't ever equip the gear you want them to.

Haha, thanks.

It probably sounds funny, but as an Xbox360 player, the thing I long for the most is the console. There are a lot of little dumb things about the game that I wish I could just override, such as how followers won't ever equip the gear you want them to.

Yeah. You are highly restricted when you play on a gaming console. Just wait until you start using Realistic Combat, Immersive Armors, ENB, Morroloot, SkyUI, Expanded Towns and Cities, and some texture mods.

Necro because it's the game that never dies.

I also thought fellow PC gamers might be interested because the game's heaviest modding days are behind it, and we're a long way from November 2011, now, when the game was released; back when the GTX 580 and Radeon HD 6970 reigned supreme. The GTX 1050 is faster than both of those cards, so suddenly the more ambitious mods are within reach. Most of these were the ENB preset mods.

I was interested to see how the different graphics-focused mods had come along, and what the impact of the "Special Edition" release of the game in 2016 had on graphics modding because it essentially just incorporated the unofficial "High Res Texture Pack" everyone had already been modding for years. "Climates of Tamriel" is still the top all-time lighting/weather mod at Nexus Mod Manager powering many presets including the most popular all-time "RealVisionENB" which was still getting updates into 2017, but this Reddit from a few years ago is dominated by ENB presets which use the newer "Vivid Weathers" (uploaded Mar-2016) as their foundation.

Of course, the STEP project is still out there, and its last update was July 2017.

Back