best running shoes!!!

thank you every one for giving useful information ,
unfortunately we dont have any such store here in pakistan with all that options and inventory (specially in my city) , the only choice is to go to a local store and get very few nike or maybe very very few Adidas shoes and that too the generic ones (old models)
brooks , puma , new balance are out of question here...i wanted to know if there is some guidelines to follow for someone who have limited choices to actually go to a store and check the shoes...
once i have enough information i can call a friend in states and ask him to get a pair for me and send me here.

and i,d like to thank JuanB.

i,d like to also thank
Striderxdj
ThatBJJGuy
browng210
GHVA226
counterkulture
UniqueSteez
milindris
Drunken Blindness (lol you made me realize i am not so famous after all but again thanks for the help)

thanks to all for your help guys

Oh snap.

I did t even realize that the op was topboxer. Now I feel like a prick.

Sorry mo, my bad. I just saw the topic.

hahaha no worries mate , shit happens...
naaah dont feel bad its allright in fact thank you fro your detailed post.
i wish i,d actually able to visit a big shoe store and try out all the available choice to know which is gonna fit my needs best.
but currently i will be looking for suggestions as i am just going to ask a friend to send me a pair from states.
thanks again

My personal favorite is the Nike DualFusion lite, but a ton of personal factors can apply. Are these for you, or are you looking to make a prototype?

hi joey
yes these are for me ,
after getting married last year i have been lazy(no running and gym etc) , spent whole year eating and gained around 18 kg so now is the time to trim some fats and get back in my comfort shape and weight which i feel is around 120 kg
naah no prototype for running shoes as the boxing shoes i make are all hand made , leather is cutt with hands, soles are made with hand(unless one chooses tyre tread soles)

while running shoes are machine made i believe the soles are even joined using fusing machines and the soles are machine made so thats not my line.
thanks

P.S
here are some mike tyson inspired shoes i made for a guy in Uk

IMG_0902_zpsszjsizwp.jpg

IMG_0905_zpsckoaomad.jpg

IMG_0910_zpso4atp5hr.jpg

IMG_0911_zpswfslv0jt.jpg

4780d_lg_zpsdlnreqja.jpeg

he wanted them made in shiney black leather so i went an extra mile and got the REAL PATENT black leather for him.
the sole is honeycomb tread one.
all hand crafted , and to give it an even close look/construction i made the inner parts of the shoes using tan lamb leather.
hope you guys like them.

You can dunk your foot in water and walk on dry concete as you would naturally walk. You'll be able to see if you are flat footed or have a higher arch.

If you are flat footed, get something with medial support. Medial support, you can see if you look at the side of the show that faces the other shoe (medial side). You can see the white outsole (soft cushioning), a shoe with medial posting will have part of the outsole made of a gray material that is firmer to the touch than the standard white foam outsole.

If the person is a higher arched foot, you usually don't need to worry about medial posting.

For somebody who is 310lbs, I'd say they likely need medial support in their running shoe.

hi folks ,
i hope some of you might know me :)
i would like to know what would be THE BEST pair of running shoes around the world for a guy 6.2 feet tall and weighing 310 lbs
stability and comfort are the prime features to look for.
pleas help!!!

310 lbs? let yourself go a bit after marriage it seems, lol :wink:

310 lbs? let yourself go a bit after marriage it seems, lol :wink:

hahaha yes i have gained around 18 kg , lots of food ,eating out and not much exercise , but i will trim it down in few months with vigorous gym plan i have and some heavy bag work along with little kickboxing.

I just picked up these Under Armour Gemini. Neutral shoe, very cushioned sole, but still has decent road feel. Great heel cup so the foot stays put. The upper is basically one piece so there's no seams to rub and it hugs the foot very comfortably. Look around and you will see other positive reviews. Order half size up in US sizing.

Have you considered doing a kettlebell program. Running is pretty hard on the knees and lower back at that weight.

Have you considered doing a kettlebell program. Running is pretty hard on the knees and lower back at that weight.

yes you are right , another friend gave me similar advice , i will run minimum and focus more on other kind of calorie burning methods.
thanks

yes you are right , another friend gave me similar advice , i will run minimum and focus more on other kind of calorie burning methods.
thanks

Look into a kettlebell, they take up very little space, you can use it inside when the weather is bad and outside when the weather is good, you can even throw it in the car and workout somewhere else.

You can do to a of sifferent things with them that can help with fat loss and some strength stuff too.

Adidas Ultra Boost are way better than I expected. They are than just hype. They're expensive, though.
But they are really the best running shoes I've ever owned.

Hey OP,
My suggestion is to go to a store that specializes in helping people find the right shoes, it can make a big difference in your running enjoyment :)
Also there are a lot of good guides online that are designed to help you find a good pair. This site was particularly helpful to me (even has some good suggestions on good shoes)
http://thegreatoutdoorsreviews.com/
Anyways, just my two cents.... Hope it helps!

Also, if someone could let me know if posting a link on these forums that would be great! :)

Good luck,

JD

Im a bit wary to recommend specific shoes as well. Ive tried very minimal shoes in Vibram Five Fingers, ultra cushion in Hoka one ones, and hard sole with a denser sole in a trail runner like my Altra superiors. For comfort nothing beated my Hokas but it never solved my chronic side knee pain. None of the shoes did actually. So I'm very big on starting very low intensity running if you haven't ran in awhile. I felt a little more invincible in my mid 20's doing an 11 mile mud run with obstacles on only mma training leading up to it, and my knees haven't been the same since. Its taken some time but I can now run a couple of miles pain free with any of the above shoes I mentioned. I feel like Vibram five fingers carries over to martial arts the most since its a lot of ankle and calf work. My Hoka One Ones were my most comfortable shoe, and my superiors is kind of a nice middle ground. Hope this helps.

Back