best running shoes!!!

topboxer11

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
hi folks ,
i hope some of you might know me :)
i would like to know what would be THE BEST pair of running shoes around the world for a guy 6.2 feet tall and weighing 310 lbs
stability and comfort are the prime features to look for.
pleas help!!!

BROOKS Glycerin 12 if you have neutral or little supinated feet, best cushioning ever

Not this shit again.

There is no "best" pair of running shoes. The best running shoes are the ones that are the best for your arch, gate, weight and foot shape.

Everybody has different needs when it comes to running, one person could get away with x shoe and that same shoe could cause injury in another person.

As for quality, there is basically no difference in quality between Nike, adidas, asics, saucony, Brooks, new balance etc, etc.

If you want to find the best pair of running shoes, go to a real running shop, not a big 5 or something like that and have them assess you and have them show you several shoes that they recommend for you.

Don't buy a shoe because somebody on the internet said its the "best". You may get lucky and it could work or you could just flush away 100 dollars because you bought something that dosent work for you.

Some people can get away with zero drop neutral shoes, some people need more cushioning, some people need medial support because of pronation, some people have flat feet and some people have high arches, some people are natural fore foot strikers (and some learn to run that way) and some are heavy heel strikers.

You really need to get into a proper shop and get fit for the ones that work for you. After that, you can just knew ordering the same thing as you wear through your shoes.

Go to fleet feet or roadrunner or whatever running/triathlon shop you have in your area and go from there.

I have a pair of ascics cumulus 16 that are the most comfortable pair of running shoes I've ever owned, but ironwood is right, don't buy anything based off of an Internet recommendation, finding a pair of shoes really requires you to try on a bunch because everyone's feet are different.

I run in Vibram Bilka's lol You just gotta go to a proper running store and ask them ..

I'm 6'3" and about 280 so I know the struggles of big dude running. Every 5K I'm the heavyweight champ but they don't hand out medals that way so whatever. I don't run more than 3.5 miles ever, mostly just 2-3 miles. I have been getting Under Armour running shoes for 3-4 years and I don't have any issues. These are what I have now.
http://www.finishline.com/store/product?A=42062&categoryId=cat306010&productId=prod776138

I've never bought expensive or custom shoes, I buy UA's because the sizing is right and they don't fall apart quickly. I get a new pair every 6-8 months and if you're going to be primarily on pavement, get some with a good amount of cushion, like the ones in the link. This factor might be big guy specific.

Having said all this, running is not something I spend a ton of time on, if I get 3 runs in a week it's rare, but I run at least once a week and I have no issues with buying $50 shoes. I also have had good experience with Asics.

Merrell Foot Gloves, or anything else minimalist, dont believe the hype when it comes to stability or pronation, less is more

Classic Addidas runners have always held up good for me and I run a lot.

Not this shit again.

There is no "best" pair of running shoes. The best running shoes are the ones that are the best for your arch, gate, weight and foot shape.

Everybody has different needs when it comes to running, one person could get away with x shoe and that same shoe could cause injury in another person.

As for quality, there is basically no difference in quality between Nike, adidas, asics, saucony, Brooks, new balance etc, etc.

If you want to find the best pair of running shoes, go to a real running shop, not a big 5 or something like that and have them assess you and have them show you several shoes that they recommend for you.

THIS.

And don't make the mistake of buying running shoes looking at how they look. Don't even look at them. Try them out. The only thing you need to spend your dime to avoid getting hurt running are the shoes.

hi folks ,
i hope some of you might know me :)
i would like to know what would be THE BEST pair of running shoes around the world for a guy 6.2 feet tall and weighing 310 lbs
stability and comfort are the prime features to look for.
pleas help!!!

No one knows you.

1. Avoid chin splints and a million other issues and go to a good shoe store that checks your feet. Under/over pronater? Find out. Then get the best shoe based on your feet.

2. Run

3. ?

4. Profit

Oh snap.

I did t even realize that the op was topboxer. Now I feel like a prick.

Sorry mo, my bad. I just saw the topic.

Sorry i skiip answers
İf you are heavy never try to vibram
You should buy new balance 980 it is very good for heavy or anybody
or you can buy asics gel kayano

No one knows you.

1. Avoid chin splints and a million other issues and go to a good shoe store that checks your feet. Under/over pronater? Find out. Then get the best shoe based on your feet.

2. Run

3. ?

4. Profit

Lol, you just dissed the world's best manufacturer of boxing gloves based on post count. WTF

My personal favorite is the Nike DualFusion lite, but a ton of personal factors can apply. Are these for you, or are you looking to make a prototype?

Lol, you just dissed the world's best manufacturer of boxing gloves based on post count. WTF

Lord have mercy. I didn't diss anyone. I gave legit advice. Not my fault if you're so delicate as to get rustled over something so minor as joking about post count and knowing someone. Also, I bet I can get boxing gloves anywhere I want regardless of a post

A good shoe store will check for lots of stuff to ensure ya get the best shoe. Feet are complicated.

Here are just a few things you can figure out on your own or get a good shoe shop to do it free...

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-shoes/learn-what-overpronating-your-foot-means

http://www.runnersworld.com/running...-test-to-learn-if-you-have-high-or-low-arches

http://www.runnersworld.com/tag/pronation

Back