Best Rory We've Yet Seen

that was also the worst woodley weve seen since strikeforce

he was doing much better when he was swinging than standing along the fence, but guess which one he did

he was doing much better when he was swinging than standing along the fence, but guess which one he did

Rory didn't exactly give him any room to swing, he pressed forward from the beginning so Woodley couldn't. In the third he came out swinging and got hit more until he was back against the fence again.

I don't know about Rory.

He's trying hard, really hard, to go the 10-9 GSP route.
But the fact is, he is not on GSP's level.

He is prone to getting punched in the face after "dominating" portions of a fight.
And he got schooled by Maia in the first round of their fight.

I'm grateful to the MMA Gods that Condit and Lawler were able to defeat Rory.
I'm sick of seeing guys get their asses kicked but somehow 10-9'ing their way to "victories".

i disagree, he looked great only because of the guy he was fighting didnt fight. woodley just stayed on the cage all night. feed rory to hector lombard, and he will die

You're right ... Rory had no part in doing that. When a pitcher is unhittable it's because the batters just suck.

Name one fight that Rory won where he got his "ass kicked".

In THIS case:

I'm responding to claims that Rory was "winning" against Condit (there are many).
And that Rory should have gotten the nod against Lawler.

I would have given Maia a 10-8 for R1. Absolutely owned.

As far as the general statement I made, there are countless examples.

And when he did Rory took him down and pounded him. Woodley lost everywhere, every round, with every strategy.

I don't know about Rory.

He's trying hard, really hard, to go the 10-9 GSP route.
But the fact is, he is not on GSP's level.

He is prone to getting punched in the face after "dominating" portions of a fight.
And he got schooled by Maia in the first round of their fight.

I'm grateful to the MMA Gods that Condit and Lawler were able to defeat Rory.
I'm sick of seeing guys get their asses kicked but somehow 10-9'ing their way to "victories".

Me too .. so which fights Rory has does this apply to?

In THIS case:

I'm responding to claims that Rory was "winning" against Condit (there are many).

Wow ...

I have Condit winning but it was close. Lawler was very close too. 10-8 for Maia you are on crack. You're the definition of a hater. Maia did exactly what you claim you hate and you want Maia to win for doing it and Rory to lose for really not doing it ...

Me too .. so which fights Rory has does this apply to?

Exactly what I said... I'm grateful that Rory didn't win the fights against Condit and Lawler.
He easily could have in a very similar scenario where Condit didn't catch him at the end, and it was possible for him to get that decision over Lawler.
So I'm grateful for what happened.
Are you grateful?

Exactly what I said... I'm grateful that Rory didn't win the fights against Condit and Lawler.
He easily could have in a very similar scenario where Condit didn't catch him at the end, and it was possible for him to get that decision over Lawler.
So I'm grateful for what happened.
Are you grateful?

And then you become a hypocrite by supporting Maia for doing it 100x worse. Rory doesn't lay on guys, he didn't vs Condit .. Condit's ground game is suck slick from the bottom. I don't recall Rory laying on Robbie ever. Maia did lay on Rory and did nothing and you want to reward him.

Clear hater. Bye.

In THIS case:

1) He was winning against Condit and was only 20 yrs old at that fight.
20If you give Maia 108 r1 then MacDonald gets 10-8 r2. Fact is, Maia has top position and mount for most of r1 and did nothing with it. One of the top BJJ guys in the world and generated exactly nothing because Rory has a very underrated guard and ground game. You don't get 10-8 for sitting on top and dropping a couple shots.

Because rory didn't give him any options.

I don't like the guy, and I'm sure people will find a way to shit on his performance, but he had a great game plan and performed perfectly.

Yes he did, his lead leg was open all day for kicks from Woodley's right leg, his body was open for left kicks, he was also open to the jab and lead left hook but Woodley rarely used any of these tools and was content to back up and wing right hands at the guy that's better at controlling the distance and has better reach, he fought him exactly how you shouldn't. Rory also doesn't deal as well with guys that put pressure on him and come forward.

lol and people were saying george was running away from all these killers, gsp would have massacred woodley

It seemed like a lot of people were trying to write Rory off after the Lawler fight, but he's only going to keep getting better. And he's already really fucking good. Possibly the best fighter in the UFC under 25 years old.

Back