• A Good Year

• American Gangster

• Body of Lies

• Robin Hood

• Prometheus

• The Martian

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
For me it would be a toss up between Alien and Blade Runner, I guess.

But if you put a gun to my head, I would most likely say: Alien.

Why is G.I. Jane even on that list?

This is a hard one but for me...
1. Gladiator
2. Blade Runner
3. Alien

Too difficult.

But i love Alien, Hannibal, Body of Lies, American Gangster, Kingdom of Heaven, All the Money

And All the Money wss my favorite movie of 2017

Alien, Blade Runner and The Duellists is top 3. Gladiator close behind, used to be higher when I was younger, don't know why but i dont really have much of an urge to rewatch it anymore.

1. Blade Runner / Alien / Black Rain
4. Gladiator

Well it's not going to be any of his recent shit. I assume we can at least all agree on that.

The correct answer is Legend. I didn't realize he did that until this thread.

Alien or blade runner. Went with alien

Someone voted Prometheus. Need their cinema card revoking imo.

LOL

To be fair to Ridley, All the Money in the World and The Martian were both quite good, and even though I seem to be one of the few who liked it, I thought Exodus: Gods and Kings deserved a lot more credit than it got.

So it's not that I think all of his recent movies are shitty, it's just that even his better ones still aren't going to challenge Alien or Blade Runner or Gladiator.

LOL

To be fair to Ridley, All the Money in the World and The Martian were both quite good, and even though I seem to be one of the few who liked it, I thought Exodus: Gods and Kings deserved a lot more credit than it got.

So it's not that I think all of his recent movies are shitty, it's just that even his better ones still aren't going to challenge Alien or Blade Runner or Gladiator.

Yeah the man certainly had a solid body of work. Only films of his I didn't like were Prometheus and Robin Hood. Prometheus was so bad that I haven't even bothered with covenant.

Yeah the man certainly had a solid body of work. Only films of his I didn't like were Prometheus and Robin Hood. Prometheus was so bad that I haven't even bothered with covenant.

Prometheus and Covenant were disappointing. I also didn't really care for Body of Lies and I'm not certain that Legend is actually a good movie when it comes down to it. Hannibal was disappointing as well, especially when compared to Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon.

Robin Hood wasn't great, but I didn't hate it either. I thought it was decent.

I still need to see 1492, GI Jane, White Squall and A Good Year.

I'm gonna vote for Gladiator because of nostalgia and the eye candy. Many great films tho

Gladiator for me. Really loved the Martian and matchstick men too.

Never seen a single Alien film

Gladiator for sure

A lot of people say Alien because "at the time" the effects were great, it developed into many sequences and the theme "at the time" was innovative...but to be honest the film itself is kinda boring, it moves extremely slow... oh and ALIENS (the one James Cameron did) was a hundred times better than the original Alien

Last edited:
Back