Best Ric Flair Promo Ever

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think the best Ric Flair promo ever was the one he did on NWA World Wide Wrestling on 8/16/86. This was right after Flair had won The NWA World Heavyweight Title from Dusty Rhodes. Do you know anywhere this can be found? It's not on youtube or dailymotion. Please PM if you could help. I'd appreciate it!

Last edited:
I think the best Ric Flair promo ever was the one he did on NWA World Wide Wrestling on 8/16/86. This was right after Flair had won The NWAWord Heavyweight Title from Dusty Rhodes. Do you know anywhere this can be found? It's not on youtube or dailymotion. Please PM if you could help. I'd appreciate it!

Out of curiosity. How do you know this promo exists if you haven't been able to see it? You have a memory that recalls something as specific as what date a promo took place 30 years ago?

Out of curiosity. How do you know this promo exists if you haven't been able to see it? You have a memory that recalls something as specific as what date a promo took place 30 years ago?

Of course I've been able to see it. I just haven't been able to see it in 15 years since that's when I lost some of my videotapes when I was moving from one house to the next. Years went by where I never thought of it but since it has been that long I kind of miss being able to watch it.

Knowing the date is simple. Flair beat Rhodes on 8/9/86, ending Rhodes's last run with the title. 8/16 was the first NWA World Wide show when they could have announced Flair had won it back from Rhodes. It was just a couple days after Tully Blanchard had attacked Rhodes in Kansas City. As I wrote in my opening post: "This was right after Flair had won The NWA World Heavyweight Title from Dusty Rhodes." I remember it well, just not word for word. My memory isn't quite that good.

Last edited:
I gotcha! That's cool. You had a VHS recording from the TV program. Sounds like a needle in a haystack. Hope you find it because I am very intrigued

Of course I've been able to see it. I just haven't been able to see it in 15 years since that's when I lost some of my videotapes when I was moving from one house to the next. Years went by where I never thought of it but since it has been that long I kind of miss being able to watch it.

Knowing the date is simple. Flair beat Rhodes on 8/9/86, ending Rhodes's last run with the title. 8/16 was the first NWA World Wide show when they could have announced Flair had won it back from Rhodes. It was just a couple days after Tully Blanchard had attacked Rhodes in Kansas City. As I wrote in my opening post: "This was right after Flair had won The NWA World Heavyweight Title from Dusty Rhodes." I remember it well, just not word for word. My memory isn't quite that good.

Found it! The 20 minute mark of this YouTube video

Found it! The 20 minute mark of this YouTube video

HeavyHands20. I appreciate your effort and time you took so much. That was very cool. I owe you a favor so just ask me if one day you need some of my pro wrestling knowledge to help you find something! Unfortunately this is Wold Championship Wrestling 8/16/86 and I'm looking for NWA World Wide Wrestling 8/16/86 - the syndicated program as opposed to the one you posted which was the show aired on The Superstation in Atlanta. Still this promo from Flair is also excellent. I love the reference to what Dan Marino would do and Flair's overall tone and style in this promo. None of today's "sports entertainers" can touch this! Forget about any UFC fighters having style like this in one of their interviews!

Everyone on the MMA section of Sherdog talks about "the best trash talkers." What they don't get is trash talk is just that - trash! Flair talks here and makes some great comments and he doesn't have to curse and rely on profanities and vulgarity to get his point across. I don't see the big deal about Conor McGregor's "trash talk." I saw a press conference with him and Diaz and Conor just kept saying "I don't give a f**K! I don't give a f**k!" Where is the creativity or interest in that?

BTW, for some bizarre reason this promo has been cut! Listen to it carefully and you'll notice just a little before the 21 minute mark he says "We specialize in professional wrestling...(cut)...I'm takin' home tonight!" Huh?

Here, while I was searching for the World Wide promo myself I found the uncut version of the promo you found for me. Here it is starting at approximately 19:30 and this is the full, uncut promo!!

This is also on the WWE network as well

2iaa7tf.png

To me Flair during the Horseman " All night ride" promo was his finest moment in an interview.

1:23

If Ole wants to slap Road Warrior Hawk HE'L DO IT
If Tully wants to spit on Road Warrior Animal HE'L DO IT
If Arn wants to take Dusty Rhodes do all that HE'L DO IT
And Nikita if I want you these three are gonna hold you! I'm Gonna slap you! Im Gonna Spit on you! Im gonna kick you! And I'm gonna go WOOOOOOOOO

Nowhere near the best promo of his legendary career obviously, but I popped when Raw was in Toronto and he pointed to Big Show and said "I got me a real enforcer.....not like your itty-bitty Tie Domi!"

His promo on the final WCW show still makes me sad. :(

I was 12 years old in 1986, growing up in the heart of Flair Country (western NC). I was INSANELY into rasslin back then. Late '80s Flair was amazing, so much so that I can watch all these promos and totally forgive him for the last coupla decades of being a parody of himself.

Back